Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've haven't seen any one post something like this, so perhaps my Commander has a problem...

When it rains, and you roll down the drivers window (to pay tolls, order fast food, pay the parking attendant, etc), lots of water from the roof rolls over to the drivers side and pours into the cab. Usually getting my left arm soaking wet.

Rain gutters would solve this.

But it looks like there is a channel around the door that might be designed to do the same job as a gutter. However, this channel is full of rubber insulation. Is that the way it is on other Commanders?

I'm now thinking of never waxing the roof so the water won't be collecting in beads, just waiting for me to put down the window<G>. They are out to get me...

Tom Duerbusch
Hemi

·
Registered
110 Posts
What you may consider is as follows:

Open the rear door of your XK and look at the leading edge near the top. You have a 22 1/2" piece of trim. This piece of trim should perfectly fit the top edge of your door and in effect act as a gutter from the front radius to the beginning of the roof rail. There appears to be plenty of give in the door opening seal to allow this extra trim. I would expect it would need to be glued in place w/ a gorilla snot type yellow glue used for body side mouldings and it may make a tiny bit of noise at highway speed but looks like it would work and look fine. Can't imagine buying those two trim pieces from the dealer would cost too much and if it doesn't work then take it off.

XKPearl:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts