Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone here's the pics of the commander with the nerf bars installed. very simple instal to do. come with all the instructions and only took about twenty min to do. hope you like the pics..........:)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry :eek: here's more pics.......

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
how many inches of clearance do you have left now. 2"? man, they look nice but they are so damn close to the ground. i'm constantly rubbing that plastic piece on the ground when i'm 4wheeling.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i noticed their not in line as well after i installed them, but it'll work. ground clearance is about the same. i don't plan to do much off roading myself, basically got them because my kids we're complaing about getting in and out

·
2,248 Posts
Lee has been complaining about getting in the Commander after installing the lift and bigger tires. I just ordered this nerf bar. The price seems way too low when comparing it to the other sites. $129 + shipping vrs $400 + on the other sites. Will see how it works. I already have a 4XGuard side step, but Lee wants the bigger steps. I may try to see if I can mount this along with the 4XGuard to protect the sides but I suspect that I will have to remove the 4XGuard. If I do someone can have the 4XGuard which I actually like better because it is mounted up tight to the side.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey HueyPilot - sent you a note, I'd be interested in your 4x guards if you have to sell them - my lift is going on in a few weeks and the wife is worried about the kiddos being able to get in afterwards.

·
2,248 Posts
I sent you a PM. If I cannot put the nerf bars on without removing the 4XGuard siderails then you can have them. I do like the 4XGuard better and they seem stronger but Lee says that they are not wide enough for getting in easily. That might also be true for your children. But is you get them for free then I guess it is worth the cost.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Got your PM and responded - if they don't work out in conjunction with the nerf bars, and you know before the end of March that you have to get rid of them, just tell me how much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts