Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So i recently acquired a 2006 jeep commander. It has a few small in-perfections but still in pretty good shape. This is my first jeep and i have no idea where to start when it comes to finding certain parts and was wondering if the fine members of this forum could help me out. The items i am looking for are:

- rear driver side black door molding
- driver seat (not really looking to replace the whole thing, maybe just suggestions on how to fix it)
- interior door handles
- aux port on radio console
- middle and rear air vents (rear not pictured, can't upload more then 5 pictures but the circular ones in the third row)

everything is pictured below and thanks again for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mopar.com is good for dealer only items, which seems to be most of your needs.

Theres an inexpensive fix for the broken door handle that a few owners have used here, just search around. good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i will check that site out and search around some more. i did see one thread that mentioned using a door handle from a liberty because with the commander you have to replace the whole panel. how would i find the right model liberty to look for?

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Poor thing :(

Use the denlors site door handle fix. I did, and it's fantastic.

I'm afraid that's not an aux port on your 'Mander. I replaced my head unit, largely due to this, but I'd have to go dig it out to see what that button is.

Good luck with all of this!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the site with the door handle fix. little expensive for a door handle (for me anyways) but probably still cheaper then a whole door panel. (sorry not very car savvy)

could of swore by looking at it that it was an aux port but if not that's fine too, just want to get rid of all the eye sores :)

thanks to both of you for the information!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I got the same issue with my driver side seat, the plastic loose just like yours and I still don't know how to solve it I have just been putting it off, the door handle I did the fix the only difference is I did not put the spring back the way it was I just used a rubber band since all that spring does is put the lever back, I know kind of a quick fix but at least I was able to glue all the parts back and I don't have so much strain on them so it should last longer. Good luck fixing your jeep and welcome!!

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
thanks for the site with the door handle fix. little expensive for a door handle (for me anyways) but probably still cheaper then a whole door panel. (sorry not very car savvy)

could of swore by looking at it that it was an aux port but if not that's fine too, just want to get rid of all the eye sores :)

thanks to both of you for the information!
The whole door panel is $500 +.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the wishes of good luck.

davebbq, thanks for the ebay link, that is most likely the path i will take as my pockets are not very deep. i also thought about going to the local pick a part here in vegas and seeing what they have to offer as the cheapest air vents i could find were on ebay as well for around $20 for the small circular ones and $40 for the 2 sided middle row one. that adds up seen as i have to replace 4 circular ones plus the middle one. as for the aux port, it does work just wanted to find the cover piece for it.

does anyone know if, on the radio/cd deck, the backlights for the buttons can be replaced or would that involve replacing the whole thing?

thanks again all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
fixing the plastic on the seat is simple... remove the plastic cover with the power seat button and there is a screw that holds the entire side onto the seat. Mine was stripped so I put in a new screw and put a nut on it from the other side by reaching under the seat. It has stayed tight for over a year now.

·
Registered
405 Posts
fixing the plastic on the seat is simple... remove the plastic cover with the power seat button and there is a screw that holds the entire side onto the seat. Mine was stripped so I put in a new screw and put a nut on it from the other side by reaching under the seat. It has stayed tight for over a year now.

Thanks for the tip I will look into this see if I can figure it out. Appreiate it. :ninja:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats on your Commander purchase and welcome to the club of cool awesome dudes who own an even cooler and more awesome Jeep!

I have an 06, purchased new. I absolutely love it.

Regarding your driver seat, I've got the same wear and tear on it, but no rip in the fabric, yet. I've got he same wrinkling of the fabric and the cushion underneath. The plastic housing underneath is busted too, but not as bad as yours. You may want to try poppping off the little panel that holds the electric switches. On mine, a screw pops out that holds this stuff in.The screw may very well still be rolling around in there or still in the hole which will probably be striped. What's also broken on mine is part of the plastic mounts that holds that peice in place. It's a bad design. If the seat is lowered to far, I think it stresses it/breaks it and the little screw that always comes out too.

Interesting to see the broken passenger compartmetn air vent. Been waiting for kids big feet to break these. It hasn't happened yet, so all my nagging has paid off so far! I knew I was right!

·
Registered
3 Posts
anybody have a webiste that sells the cargo cover for the trunk floor?? not the roll cover but the cover for the jack and tire iron. Same car 2006 commander

1 - 15 of 15 Posts