Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read this article about the new 3.6L "Phoenix" engine from Chrysler.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/phoenix-engines.html

This engine produces around 280 horsepower compared to the current 3.7L which produces 210.

Please read this article. I wish this engine was an option back in 2006. I am glad to hear Chrysler Engineers finally upgrading the V6.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That engine has more hp then my 4.7 L V8 :(

But I still have more tq and thats all that really matters.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to bring this up again, but what is a "Canister-free oil filter element" that is going to be on the new 3.6L engine.

Click on the link in the link in the first post and it is listed under the first paragraph.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Sorry to bring this up again, but what is a "Canister-free oil filter element" that is going to be on the new 3.6L engine.

Click on the link in the link in the first post and it is listed under the first paragraph.
If you read further down in that article:

"The advanced oil filter system eliminates oil spills and contains an incinerable filter element instead of the typical spin-on filters, which are disposed of in landfill sites; the filter is conveniently located on top of the engine."

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OK, I see the filter now in one of the pictures. What will they do with the dirty oil filter?

This has to be an industry first. Having the filter on top of the engine.

I am happy to finally see Chrysler being more innovative now and trying to compete against the import cars.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
That;s a nice change, but nothing new. The Germans have been putting the oil filter on top of the engine for years. It's just a pleated paper filer now, just like a regular filter but without the metal outer skin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts