Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone currently wearing these tires on their commander? opinions?

just put them on and for the first time ever, I am getting the TRANS TEMPERATURE OVER LIMIT message everytime i come to a stop. The old tires wrere nearly bald, these KO2s have 14/32 of tread, but same size tires (245,65,17) fluid level is , recently checked
but havent done filter change yet, (P.O "forgot" when he last changed it) so going to do that next paycheck

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
You'll need two filters when you go to change the trans fluid. Wix makes a kit with a gasket. I've read on this forum that you should stick with OEM trans filters. I went with OEM the 1st time but have a Wix kit for the next. Maybe someone who has experience with the Wix will chime in here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Food for thought:

Bought my 2006 in October 2018, 1 month later wife driving it and said it was doing se same thing. Had not changed anything with tires/etc. All stock Commander.

1/2 month later, it locked up. Motor gone. Transmission over heat was only indicator of issues. Turns out, slight leaking of water pump, air in system meant engine temp never registered even though it was baking.

Double check cooling system just to be sure. Would hate for someone to have to go through what I did. Just a thought....

·
Registered
336 Posts
the word is that aftermarket return line spin on filters do not have check valves and allow fluid to drain causing a delayed shift after startup. you can easily monitor trans temp using torque app on your phone and a cheap bluetooth obdii adapter...
I have a set of mopar filters waiting to be installed soon. i did the wix filters 30k ago and have noticed some delayed shifts and downshift clunks lately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts