Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
That's a good looking bumper. Looks like it exposes the front tires more than any other steel bumper I've seen, so I imagine it'll be pretty good to run on some tough trails.

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts

I think that came out really good @Lowjack;

Nice work. I'm guessing that your winch uses wire cable?

When you have some time, post a close-up pic looking at it dead-on from the front, I'd like to get a better look at it.

What did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
I take it you are using a rope Blue?
Yep, Smittybilt 9500 XRC winch & synthetic s/b98495 line.

I don't like how cable degrades & rusts when it's exposed to the elements over time and the synthetic line is also much safer if it ever decides to fail, it's much easier to wind back onto the winch and it doesn't get kinks in it either.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This was yesterday, So I will update soon I hope :)

JeepSteel.com
ORDER #1033
Your order is on the way
Your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

View your order
or Visit our store
Items in this shipment
Jeep Commander Winch Bumper no stinger × 1

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
Prices aren't bad!

Is that your XK in the sample photos?
They look pretty nice;

As far the price goes, I'm sure the $750.00 is for the baseline bumper - without a winch or foglights; Baseline front bumpers for Commanders at WAM Bumpers start at $650.00 last time I checked - just to give you a price point comparison. That was as of a year or so ago, they may be more now.

I guarantee you, once you start adding options like fog lights & a winch, the price will go up pretty quickly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
$650.00 is for the baseline bumper, $750 with stinger, fog lights and winch ready are not xtra. I scored it at $550 before the $100 price hike :) the price also included free shipping.

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
$650.00 is for the baseline bumper, $750 with stinger, fog lights and winch ready are not xtra. I scored it at $550 before the $100 price hike :) the price also included free shipping.
I said that a bumper with fog lights and a winch is probably quite a bit more expensive than $750.00 - meaning with fog lights and a winch already installed on the bumper - not fog light & winch ready - big difference.

So they are priced pretty much about the same as WAM it sounds like.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts