Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to clean up this section a little. I have been moving some threads to sectios where they fit better as well as merging a few threads. I wanted your input on desired new threads and had a thread on that but I hit the wrong button and away it went.

I was interested in a wheel & Tires thread as well as a few others and wanteded your thoughts before I did anything. Here's your chance to be heard...

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Are you going to make up some rules for us??

Are you going to update the home page?

Are you moving the Tires and Wheels area to the forum?

Are you going to add other sections to this?

What if we had a lift sponsor to sponsor a lift section?

Are you going to ban me?

Thank you,

CICO7

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cico7 said:

Are you going to ban me?

Thank you,

CICO7
I might mail you some ban roll on :), Already thinking about some other things but didn't want to do too much too fast. Might confuse us old timers! Thought about a Wheels & Tire Section for sure.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Hey, you made this a sticky!

Thanks for the updates and riding shotgun ( :eek: ) over us. Someone needs to.

What about putting an expiration date on FS or WTB items? and a rating for buyers/sellers?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cico7 said:
We have done pretty good so far without a set of formal rules and it's not my place to create any.
Someday if I learn how I might give that a spin
Need to find out what sections we all really want or need before I get to carried away with creating new ones, see thread in general discussion post. http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5020
Same as above.
I do not think we could talk freely about all brands if we had one sponsor
Are you going to ban me?
Not yet :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great Job,..Thnx for your work!

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
So far, I agree with your decisions re: Cico... except the last one. =)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Wheels and Tires
Suspension
Engine
Interior
Exterior
Electronics

You're doing a good job there 49'r. The mods were never this involved before due to amount of time it takes away. I understand it takes a lot out of your time and we really appreciate.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
49er, since you have this stick thread........can you put all the sparkplug ???ect in this thread?? Stuff relating to maintenance? We could start posting here...Save some cleanup when and if they do make the seperate catagories.
Same with the outings. Make a sticky....

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cico7 said:
49er, since you have this stick thread........can you put all the sparkplug ???ect in this thread?? Stuff relating to maintenance? We could start posting here...Save some cleanup when and if they do make the seperate catagories.
this is the general discussion area, do you want the spark plugs here or in the new maintainance section?

Same with the outings. Make a sticky....
Where have you been, this was done a week ago :p

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
the title of the thread is new categories/maintenance so i thought we were talking maintenance...........which would include plugs..maybe?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cico7 said:
the title of the thread is new categories/maintenance so i thought we were talking maintenance...........which would include plugs..maybe?
Sorry, I was refering to maintenance of the forum not the XK :D

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I stickied the outings which is what you were talking about/

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, let me bounce this off you regulars...

It has been suggested that we add several catagories and I am working them through, one suggestion was something to this effect; what if we add a catagory titled "My Garage" and each memebr created one thread which be where they post any pics they want (their XK, other cars, etc) and allow others to comment solely on the content of that thread (similar to CiCo7 & DB's threads or the thread in my sig.)?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
By now most of you have noticed that we have a new catagory, "Suspension / Tires". I moved 200 threads from other locations into that new catagory which took a great deal of time. I want to ask your help on something... When you create a new thread, please think the title out to describle the topic being discussed, this will help others when they are searching for it and ensure that posts are in the correct location.

Titles like: what is this? need to be changed to help members know what the thread topic is. I had to open many threads to see if they needed moved to the new catagory or not. Thanks for your help in keeping this one of the best forums out there.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
cico7 said:
I really like the "My Garage" idea.
+1, sounds good to me too!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts