Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 06 sport with new chrome grill, chrome bug shield and factory fog light in place of the vents.
dealership told me the fog lights couldn't be hooked up with a factory switch as the computor wouldn't allow it. So I just ran a jumper from the neutral driving light relay to neutral on fog light relay so they come on with headlights also plugged into factory harness. Didn't want a seperate switch.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That dealer has no clue what they are talking about because once you install fog lights they can enable them with their starscan!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
07JeepXK said:
That dealer has no clue what they are talking about because once you install fog lights they can enable them with their starscan!
I plugged in the fog lights, put in the relay and was looking at changing the column switch as mine doesn't pull out and they said that a guy installed the same in his and they couldn't get them working something about the computer and resistance. That's okay I didn't want to mess around and install the switch anyway.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
if you get the other turn signal switch which pulls out to turn on the fog light and get the fog lights enabled using starscan in the dealer,, it will work straight forward.

I have done it in my commander.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahmed255 said:
if you get the other turn signal switch which pulls out to turn on the fog light and get the fog lights enabled using starscan in the dealer,, it will work straight forward.

I have done it in my commander.
What do you have to do to change it? Does the steering wheel have to be removed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts