Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several months of waiting I finally ordered my new Commander today.

Here's what I'm getting.

Base Commander 4X4
4.7 V8
Dark Khaki
U package
Sirrus Radio
Tow Group
DVD

MSRP was $37,225.00

Sale price is $32,745.00

Savings $4,480 :cool:

Plus 2.9% for 6 years.

Don't know how long it will take but I will update as soon as I know.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Make sure you ask for Freedom miles package. You'll get back $2437 plus bumper to bumper 5year 60,000 miles warranty. And it will cost you $0.00.
Don't forget it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
mikey said:
Make sure you ask for Freedom miles package. You'll get back $2437 plus bumper to bumper 5year 60,000 miles warranty. And it will cost you $0.00.
Don't forget it.
The Miles of Freedom incentive ended at the end of the year. New Commander incentives are as follows:
0% for 60 months, or 2.9% for 72 months, or $500.00 rebate + 2.9% for 60 months, or $1,000.00 rebate and the customer can pay cash or finance with any lender they want.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would you believe I ordered my Commander on the 6th and it just recieved a vin number today with a build date of 2-21?

That was quick. Since the dealer is only 3 hours from the plant, I could have it by the end of the month. 3 weeks total for a special order.

WOW!

·
Registered
96 Posts
The manufacturer has been doing a fabulous job at getting "sold order" Commanders through the production process in a hurry. We have had several that have been 4 week turn-around times.

·
Registered
128 Posts
walkjon said:

Here's what I'm getting.

Base Commander 4X4
4.7 V8
Dark Khaki
U package
Sirrus Radio
Tow Group
DVD

MSRP was $37,225.00

Sale price is $32,745.00

Plus 2.9% for 6 years.

dude it sounds like you got a heck of a deal. Im happy to hear thaT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
walkjon said:

Here's what I'm getting.

Base Commander 4X4
4.7 V8
Dark Khaki
U package
Sirrus Radio
Tow Group
DVD

MSRP was $37,225.00

Sale price is $32,745.00

Plus 2.9% for 6 years.

Did you order from a local dealer or www.jeepwarehouse.com ?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered from Bill at Jeepwarehouse.com

I would highly recommend at least talking to them. None of the local dealers could beat them. They even gave a good price on the trade-in.

Bill said he knew there was a pretty quick turn around time on ordering right now but 3-4 weeks even suprised him.

I wonder if orders have slowed down?

·
Registered
9 Posts
walkjon said:
I ordered from Bill at Jeepwarehouse.com

I would highly recommend at least talking to them. None of the local dealers could beat them. They even gave a good price on the trade-in.

Bill said he knew there was a pretty quick turn around time on ordering right now but 3-4 weeks even suprised him.

I wonder if orders have slowed down?
Bill would be my choice when and if I get one. They do have the best pricing for sure!! Be sure to let us know when it shows up and post some pics.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just recieved word that my Commander is built and should arrive at the dealer this weekend. I only took two weeks for it to get ordered and built. That's pretty impressive. I will let you when I actually have own it and am driving it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
walkjon said:
Just recieved word that my Commander is built and should arrive at the dealer this weekend. I only took two weeks for it to get ordered and built.

Mind if I hate you for a few weeks? :)

I got a call today from the dealer - my Commander is off the assembly line and today should have been loaded on the first of three trains for it's trip to Florida. That will take anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks depending on how backed up the yards are when it switches, etc, etc, etc. It has a posted arrival date of March 6 - 1.5 weeks away - or 5 weeks since it was ordered. Forget my fingernails; I'm gonna have my knuckles gnawed off by the time it gets here.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My new Commander hit the ground today at the dealer. That is just about exactly 4 weeks from the date it was ordered.
0% for 60 months and $500 autoshow rebate.
Will be picking up Saturday and will post pics shortly thereafter.
YEA!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea, I was thinking it was almost a year ago that the Commander was being introduced at the New York Autoshow. When I saw it I knew I was going to own one. I didn't plan on waiting a whole year but hey, I have changed my mine on exactly what I wanted a dozen times since then anyway. I ordered exactly what I wanted, although I gave up the Nav system for the DVD system but I have an eleven year old and he will only be young once and I thought it get him excited about the new Commander and Jeeps in general. My other thought was it would be easier to install a Nav system later than a factory DVD system.

I already have a new chrome grill that's going on it as soon as we get home. I also ordered a pair of chrome tow hooks off a 06 Grand Cherokee Overland that will be installed also. Thats the only chrome that I will be putting on. I like the monotone look on the rest of the base Commander. I think on the dark colored Commanders the body colored grill gets lost. The chrome looks better I believe. The light colors look good with body colored grills as there is more contrast between the black grill inserts and the painted parts.

I will post pictures of my Commander next to my 90 Grand Wagoneer soon. I would like to see photos of the Commander next to some XJ's also.

·
Registered
160 Posts
walkjon, I went to the arizona autoshow. After seeing the commander. Sitting in the drivers seat. I also knew I had to have one. That's funny. maximo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts