Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Commander owners!

Just bought a 2006 Limited with QDII and every option that I know of except nav. Pretty excited about it. This Commander is going to double as daily driver and family overland vehicle.
Stats
- 230,000 Km's ( 140,000 miles )
- Good cosmetic shape. Notable defects are a rip in the drive seat and two dime sized rust spots around the rear license plate.
- Light Khaki color. Not my favorite, but not that bad!

Preliminary plans:
- buy wheel spacers ( already have them. 1.5" )
- I will buy OME HD coils
- upsize the tires
- fabricate my own front and rear bumper with swingout tire carrier
- fabricate roof rack
- fix small rust spots on tail gate ( I have an HVLP gun and a compressor to paint it )

Current work being done (by me)
- replace passenger side mirror
- replace EGR, plugs, crank and cam position sensor, t-stat, coolant temp sensor, all fluids
- Install double din touch screen stereo into my 1.5 din hole (some fabricating required)

I'll post pictures in this thread once I get the permissions to do so.

Look forward to chatting in these forums!

·
Registered
13 Posts

Just bought a 2006 Limited with QDII and every option that I know of except nav. Pretty excited about it. This Commander is going to double as daily driver and family overland vehicle.
Stats
- Good cosmetic shape. Notable defects are a rip in the drive seat and two dime sized rust spots around the rear license plate.

Preliminary plans:
- upsize the tires
- fabricate roof rack
- fix small rust spots on tail gate ( I have an HVLP gun and a compressor to paint it )

- replace EGR, plugs, crank and cam position sensor, t-stat, coolant temp sensor, all fluids
- Install double din touch screen stereo into my 1.5 din hole (some fabricating required)

Welcome buddy. Sounds like a good way to go. I've never been to Canada, but I expect there are some incredible overlanding opportunities up there.

·
Registered
303 Posts

Stats

Preliminary plans:
- upsize the tires
- fabricate roof rack

Welcome! My driver seat has the same issue and I've learned to ignore it after finding out how much it is to repair it. Also, AFAIK all the XKs are double din and the factory radio is actually larger than aftermarket double din.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks BigBlue, Legofan, and Traction. Those links will come in handy as I start researching things. Looking forward to working on something new ( 16 spark plugs ! ) and getting this thing trail ready!

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
Now to find out how many posts I need before posting pictures....
You've already past the number of required posts.

You should have your full user privileges now, which includes the ability to post pics & hyperlinks.

I can see your pics, good looking XK, nice Grand Cherokee too.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Your XK looks pretty close to how mine looked when I first bought it. I'm excited to see what you do with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts