Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

I am a new owner of a 2007 Jeep Commander Limited, 5.7. I previously owned a 2004 Grand Cherokee, but it met up with an elk a few weeks ago, so I took the opportunity to upgrade. I was really happy with the GC, and so far I've really liked the Commander.

I would like to do some mods, starting with a bull bar, and have been doing some research on them (here and elsewhere).

Looking forward to getting started.

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts
Check out wam bumpers. Spendy, but nice.
And I suppose you didn't notice that WAM Bumpers is in the list of links I posted for him in the post right before yours???

Please read the board before you post redundant material @VooDuuChild.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Montana is on my list of states to visit. Not many options for bullbars in those links above. Jeepinbyall and wam are options. Maybe you can convince buckstop to make one for the commander.

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts
Montana is on my list of states to visit. Not many options for bullbars in those links above. Jeepinbyall and wam are options. Maybe you can convince buckstop to make one for the commander.
Blackhorse makes a full grille/brush guard for the Commander and I think Westin makes a bull bar that fits the Commander - albeit not perfectly in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I'm just a Moderator here, I don't have any influence on what companies will produce for Commander aftermarket parts - I mean I could make a suggestion, but the odds of a company actually listening to me are slim to none.

Other factors that are hindering your cause are that I've seen very few people looking for bull-bars for Commanders in the 3 years I've been on this site, it's just not a very popular modification - then couple that with the fact, that Commanders have been out of production for 8 years now, well you can do the math.

You might be better off looking for a good welding shop and having one fabricated if you really want one that looks good and fits properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If i were you I'd look at getting just a winch plate if you want that bull bar look, this car already has alot of unnecessary weight to be honest, especially the 5.7's. I've taken my spare off and saved some mpg. Although bull bars do look nice and are aggressive... hmm hard choice.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Does jba still offer the matrix? That is similar to bullbar depending on config...

I run an upside-down step bumper in my front receiver hitch for similar effect... But you need front receiver

1 - 8 of 8 Posts