Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

Longtime Jeeper, but recently just got a great deal on an 09' XK with 116k on the clock. Unfortunately, it is a 3.7l so I am looking for ways to give it a little more power. I hear about the tuners, but not sure it's going to do much. Even being a v6 this Jeep gets terrible mileage, I think my 99' 4.7l WJ with the NV247 gets better mileage.

I realize power/gas mileage do not play together, but open to suggestions on either.

Thanks!

Here's my "new blue" completely stock...

And, here is my "old blue" she is for sale up in VT!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add, I just ordered OME springs front and rear, Bilstein 5100s front and rear, and new spring isolaters. Wondering if I should spring (pun intended) for new moog strut mounts too, so I dont have to take apart my old struts at all--because those are shot.

Am I being too ambitious with the 5100s up front? Ive seen several members combo the 5100s with the OME. I'd love to get rid of the rake, but I also don't want to stretch the front too much.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hey,

Longtime Jeeper, but recentlt just got a great deal on an 09' XK with 116k on the clock. Unfortunately, it is a 3.7l so I am looking for ways to give it a little more power. I hear about the tuners, but not sure it's going to do much. Even being a v6 this Jeep gets terrible mileage, I think my 99' 4.7l WJ with the NV247 gets better mileage.

I realize power/gas mileage do not play together, but open to suggestions on either.

Thanks!
@superheady;

Welcome to the forum; Post some pics of your Commander when you can.

Here are some links to help you out if you want to do upgrades or repairs to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ukey_make=1064

Cheapest factory Parts: Find OEM BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Mopar, Nissan, Subaru & Toyota Parts & Accessories

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - http://www.justforjeeps.com/?gclid=C...9i0hoCSS7w_wcB

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - http://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

The Steel Armadillo - Jeep Commander (XK/HK) 2006-2010

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/j...catalog%2Fjeep

Also, please read this if you haven't done so already - lots of good information in here;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Thanks and again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think new strut mounts are a fine idea. i plan to go that route when i get around to an OME lift.
Thanks for the affirmation.

FYI, Amazon has the Sensen strut mount kits on sale right now.

Mounts, upper and lower spring isolators and bump stop, not to shabby for $38.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Thanks for the affirmation.

FYI, Amazon has the Sensen strut mount kits on sale right now.

Mounts, upper and lower spring isolators and bump stop, not to shabby for $38.
Just be mindful, you usually get what you pay for.

A cheap price is usually not an indicator of a high quality product.

You may want to read all the reviews about it on amazon (if there are any) before you pull the trigger.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just be mindful, you usually get what you pay for.

A cheap price is usually not an indicator of a high quality product.
Do you think SenSen is not a quality product? I am also looking at the Moog problem solver mounts that come with upper isolators too. Have always gone Moog for spring isolators/insulators, but thought that SenSen was a decent brand.

No reason to go Mopar on these, I think that an aftermarket direct replacement is just as good in this case. Love to hear your thoughts though.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Do you think SenSen is not a quality product? I am also looking at the Moog problem solver mounts that come with upper isolators too. Have always gone Moog for spring isolators/insulators, but thought that SenSen was a decent brand.

No reason to go Mopar on these, I think that an aftermarket direct replacement is just as good in this case. Love to hear your thoughts though.
I've never heard of that company before in my life.

In case you missed it - that's not a ringing endorsement.

Moog, on the other hand, is quite reputable.

·
Registered
338 Posts
SenSen looks to be a china company and sold by rockauto, autozone, etc. Not to say that some moog parts are made in china too. Are they better than what is on your XK currently? Maybe?

How much of a difference in cost are you looking at if you went with Moog, Monroe, KYB, Sachs, Gabriel mounts which are <$30 on rockauto...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't know if you plan on wheeling your rig too much but it might also be a good idea to upgrade your upper control arms to stronger JBAs (kinda pricey but seem worth it) that take care of the angle on the ball joints after lifting the front. Blue already posted the link above for the website: JBAoffroad.com

Anyway, seems like you got some great plans, can't wait to see it come together!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts