Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just picked up a 2010 Limited with a Hemi. A long vehicle search for a reliable 3rd car, and plenty of room led us to the commander. I had actually been actively searching for an awd hemi dodge magnum wagon, and in a perfect world the wife and i really wanted a new durango, but we are building a house, and i already have a ram, and she has a charger, so another big car payment wasn't happening. After looking at a bunch of magnums (that were all beat to death) we started to consider older durango's, aspens, and the commander. This one is super clean, and the most loaded vehicle i have ever owned. Seems everyone that has them loves them, so looking forward to being part of the community!

·
Super Moderator
5,898 Posts
Hello All,

Just picked up a 2010 Limited with a Hemi. A long vehicle search for a reliable 3rd car, and plenty of room led us to the commander. I had actually been actively searching for an awd hemi dodge magnum wagon, and in a perfect world the wife and i really wanted a new durango, but we are building a house, and i already have a ram, and she has a charger, so another big car payment wasn't happening. After looking at a bunch of magnums (that were all beat to death) we started to consider older durango's, aspens, and the commander. This one is super clean, and the most loaded vehicle i have ever owned. Seems everyone that has them loves them, so looking forward to being part of the community!
@johnnymac2k6 ;

Welcome to the forum.

Here are some links to help you out with your aftermarket shopping when you decide to do some more upgrades to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ukey_make=1064

Cheapest factory Parts: Find OEM BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Mopar, Nissan, Subaru & Toyota Parts & Accessories

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - http://www.justforjeeps.com/?gclid=C...9i0hoCSS7w_wcB

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

The Steel Armadillo - Jeep Commander (XK/HK) 2006-2010

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - http://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/j...catalog%2Fjeep

Also, if you need a factory build sheet for your Commander, just plug in your VIN here:

https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/eqlisting_detail/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the op from another new-b.
Big Blue that build sheet link is great, enjoyed seeing all the goodies my Commander came with. Only been a week or so but really glad I decided on a Commander. Hemi with 3.73 gears= fun to drive

·
Super Moderator
5,898 Posts
Welcome to the op from another new-b.
Big Blue that build sheet link is great, enjoyed seeing all the goodies my Commander came with. Only been a week or so but really glad I decided on a Commander. Hemi with 3.73 gears= fun to drive
No problem at all @5.7Jeep ;

Yep, I think you will be very happy with your XK.

The Hemi of course is great and the 3.73 gears are great for low end torque when off-roading and of course, it gives you nice acceleration off the line when you are in the street - this is one feature I'm very glad that Big Blue had when I picked her up.

·
Super Moderator
5,898 Posts
Just ordered a new set of tires 255/65-17 HANKOOK DYNAPRO A/T, a new set of dvd headphones, and fixed a wobbly passenger mirror.

loving it so far!
The more you fix it up and make it your own, the more attached & addicted you will become.....LOL.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey, I'm new here too. "stock for 2 days", I know how that is. LOL
Wobbly passenger's side mirror? I've got one of them "wobblies" too. Also all 4 inside door handles are / were busted up. Dealer was crazy w/ price to repair. Said handles are not separate from panels and he mentioned over a $1K figure for 4 panels... plus install! Gotta love Ebay,,, All 4 new handles without panels (repair not replace thing) for under $75. I've gotta wonder,, how the heck did they ALL break?
Wasn't all that toe curling thrilled with buying it. Needed something fast & cheap. Think it took about 2 days before the "love" bloomed for me. First drive on beach did it. Loved the old straight 6, had several. But the little V-8 takes it soo much easier. Really wish it had a bigger fuel tank though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wobbly passenger's side mirror? I've got one of them "wobblies" too. Also all 4 inside door handles are / were busted up. Dealer was crazy w/ price to repair. Said handles are not separate from panels and he mentioned over a $1K figure for 4 panels... plus install! Gotta love Ebay,,, All 4 new handles without panels (repair not replace thing) for under $75. I've gotta wonder,, how the heck did they ALL break?
Wasn't all that toe curling thrilled with buying it. Needed something fast & cheap. Think it took about 2 days before the "love" bloomed for me. First drive on beach did it. Loved the old straight 6, had several. But the little V-8 takes it soo much easier. Really wish it had a bigger fuel tank though.
After some investigation I found my passenger housing was a non oem replacement, but the mirror glass was still oe. I simply popped the glass off, took some superglue, and clipped it back on. No more wobble. I'm not sure if your gas tank reference was to the commander or not. But yes, I totally agree there...i filled it all the way up on my first drive home. When it clicked off at 17 gallons I was shocked. Surprisingly averaging 18 mpg tho.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for elaborating on the fix. I'll be checking it out soon. Thanks.
... and yes on the tank. I'm used to 26-32 gal. tanks on my other toys. But they're only good for 12-16 mpg. Price hit $289 / gsal here this weekend again. Guess which ones will see more "barn" time.

·
Super Moderator
5,898 Posts
You might want to read this.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/5-general-commander-discussion/11203-shaking-side-mirrors-finally-easy-fix.html

Also @SandDab - I've asked you four times now since you've joined - including 2 Private Messages (with specific instructions how to do it) that I've sent you.

I even posted a visitor message on your profile with instructions how to do it.

This is the last time I will ask you to update your profile;

If you don't update your profile by close of business today - you will be banned for failure to obey forum rules.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts