Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an '08 Overland yesterday after looking at different 4x4 SUV's for a while. Finally decided on the Commander although it was a tough decision between it and a v8 4Runner.

Is there anything I should be aware of? I noticed that the engine "ticks" a little for lack of a better word, it's the same noise the Hemi in my '09 Dodge 4x4 makes and it runs like a beast. Also, it came with the RER navigation system and I've had some problems getting my Note 3 to stream music via Bluetooth..could it be that the phone isn't compatible? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hemi tick is common, you may look @ your exhaust manifold bolts to see if any are broken or if you have a crack or leak somewhere.

Also, welcome friend!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4 low seems to work good, didn't know they were full time 4 wheel drive though. Still, it's been getting about the same mileage my truck gets which isn't too terribly bad.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Also, it came with the RER navigation system and I've had some problems getting my Note 3 to stream music via Bluetooth..could it be that the phone isn't compatible? Thanks for any advice.
Pretty sure the 730N RER isnt compatible with BT media streaming. I have it on my '10, and havent been able to figure it out. Sucks as thats a feature I used a ton on my previous vehicle and on rental cars when travelling. Instead, I have just loaded up the HDD with music.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Platte, did you just load your music onto a thumb drive and upload it that way? Seems the RER won't recognize my phone at all even when plugged in via USB charging cable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Platte, did you just load your music onto a thumb drive and upload it that way? Seems the RER won't recognize my phone at all even when plugged in via USB charging cable.
Sorry for the delay, missed your post. Yeah, I just loaded onto a USB. It wont pull off your phone, didnt for me at least.

My big hope was being able to stream Spotify through BT to the RER, so was pretty disappointed when I found that wouldnt work. While its questionable, well illegal I should say, I do have a program to rip music I can then put on my thumb drive and upload... so always have some recent music on there. Better than using the 3.5mm AUX cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts