Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have been looking for a Commander for the last couple years. Tried to find one with V8 with somewhat lower miles. Almost pulled the trigger a couple of times.
Then I came across one that a little old lady only drove to church on Sundays. Just kidding of course?
I purchased a 06 with 62K 5.7 limited red inferno. It was traded by a gal who lost her husband.
One thing that stood out was the drivers seat wasn't ripped yet. Seems like a pretty common issue. Although it looks like this seat was repaired.
I guess that one of the issues with this truck that I found out in talking with the service mgr was the check engine light was on. This being a gmc dealer they sent it to a local Jeep dealer (Park Jeep in Burnsville,MN). They must have traced the code to the evaporator fuel area. So they replaced the charcoal canister but the problem re-occurred. The vehicle was sent there 3 time but they could not find the problem. Then the Gmc dealer sent it to Dodge of Burnsville who diagnosed the problem to a frayed wire in a harness. I believe this was the wires that go to the evaporator solenoid but not sure. The wires were replaced as jeep doesn't make the harness anymore.
So hopefully this was an isolated incident and there are not anymore damaged wires. Everything works so I have my fingers crossed.

It is a great ride.

Thad from Shakopee, MN

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I have been looking for a Commander for the last couple years. Tried to find one with V8 with somewhat lower miles. Almost pulled the trigger a couple of times.
Then I came across one that a little old lady only drove to church on Sundays. Just kidding of course��
I purchased a 06 with 62K 5.7 limited red inferno. It was traded by a gal who lost her husband.
One thing that stood out was the drivers seat wasn't ripped yet. Seems like a pretty common issue. Although it looks like this seat was repaired.
I guess that one of the issues with this truck that I found out in talking with the service mgr was the check engine light was on. This being a gmc dealer they sent it to a local Jeep dealer (Park Jeep in Burnsville,MN). They must have traced the code to the evaporator fuel area. So they replaced the charcoal canister but the problem re-occurred. The vehicle was sent there 3 time but they could not find the problem. Then the Gmc dealer sent it to Dodge of Burnsville who diagnosed the problem to a frayed wire in a harness. I believe this was the wires that go to the evaporator solenoid but not sure. The wires were replaced as jeep doesn't make the harness anymore.
So hopefully this was an isolated incident and there are not anymore damaged wires. Everything works so I have my fingers crossed.

It is a great ride.

Thad from Shakopee, MN
Welcome to the forum Thad;

An 06 Limited Red Inferno with the 5.7L Hemi and only 62,000 miles sounds like a nice find.

Just a couple of quick questions for you.

Is it a 4x4 or 4x2?

If it's a 4x4 - which 4WD system does it have?

QT-I; QT-II or QD-II?

Any modifications done to it at all that you can notice?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts