Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there im new to the forums. I dont know if you would call it a bezel or filler or what have you, but crutchfield seems to only show me a select few options as far as double DIN decks that come with it so there arent any gaps from where the old deck was.. Are there other models of cars i can search under that the "gap filler" would work for me, or just 06 Commander? Also, what are some good brands/models that have worked for you? Im trying to put in a couple subs from my old vehicle and would like to upgrade to a nice touchscreen. I'd prefer a double DIN deck, but a single DIN flip up would be ok i guess. Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
lot of good choices out there. you can buy a double din dash or installation
lits to fill the gaps. Stock as I recall is a 1.5 din.

Problem with the flip is they dont go all the way up, but that may not be a
problem. Look at smitty1970 garage thread.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
What you are looking for is called a bezel. Get the one from Crutchfield. When you take your dash face plate off, there is an outline on the back, to cut to fit the double din radio. The bezel will cover the gaps from the rough cut. If you try to get a double din hole from Mopar, you have to buy the whole dash faceplate, so it is a lot cheaper to go with the one from Crutchfield. :eek:rangehat:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts