Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First trail I took the commander on with the lift and tires, went through way too easy (could have done it stock with mo problems) , this is not actually the cleghorn pass but it is an OHV area just north of the cleghorn pass. Went with a buddy who had a 4 Runner with Nitto A/T tires.

Here is the link to the whole album in case you wanted to see it.
There are some decent videos on there as well.

http://picasaweb.google.com/melvin.ferrer/CleghornPassTrail#

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Great album and vids! Thanks for sharing.. now get out there and find some real trail! =)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Nice pics! I love those kind of trails for cruising...

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Got a little dirt on the tires, now we have to move up to MUD!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Nice pics ,, thanks for sharing.

Was there any rubbing at this moment?

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Does your buddy's 4Runner have a lift? It doesn't really look like it, but it might if the tires are bigger than stock. Is he running bigger than 265/70/17?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Missed this one! Nice picks and great scenery. Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
how are those tires on the highway.

we had a set on the mine truck we drove for surveying. they sure did good in the mud.

they look like a really nice tire. what is the size again?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah the pics look pretty good. Nice and dry in California. Just had four days of rain here in Saskatchewan. Almost hunting season, ruts about to start. Anyways took my jeep into the Moose Mountain Park. The roads are nothing but mud. All I have is my all season radials until I put my blizzaksback on. Slid down a hill backwards. Had to read my manual to figure out how to put it on 4 low. 4 low got me out of that road which I think was an ATV road. It can be a little nerve racking when your driving sideways like a rally car going around a corner but your only going 25 km/h lol and there is a steep enbankment on one side but you have to keep your momentum going. Might have to get some mud tires is the jist of the story. Anyways me and my bro had a blast driving around in the mud. I wish I had some pics but who wants to get out and walk around in mud.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GetLost, Yeah these tires are awesome you can feel them dig into the concrete, and there is a pretty nice vibration from them when I am driving on the street, I am looking to replace them with a AT type tire because i drive mostly street. If you look at my other post of me driving through some mud, I got through most of the mud where alot of people with good rigs and AT tires could not go through although when I did get stuck, I got REALLY stuck..

Heres a video of the trail in this post and a couple other cars that I have had. Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhbvJMHkSTU

·
Registered
233 Posts
great... very good pictures ..thanks for sharing

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts