Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just dropping by to see what I can learn .. I recently purchase a 2006 commander limited.. It has about 80,000 miles . 5.7 hemi , wheels that came with it that I would like to swap out soon ..it currently has 20's American racing with a street tire .. Also has bilstein shocks . that look almost new .and feel great . it was a one owner since new from Florida . very clean inside and out . clean carfax no accidents .. Also came with weather tech's front middle rear and a large mat for when third row is folded so that was pretty sweet.. My current plans for the vehicle include a muffler change and resonator delete .. Its way to quiet for the motor that it has .. I went from driving our 09 Tahoe which now is up for sale. Due to having nothing but issues and mileage getting high. has the 5.3 and it sounds way meaner with a stock exhaust .I'd like to put a way more aggresive wheel and tire setup on .. One because winter here can get rough and also just to have fun .Maybe a small lift not sure on that yet .. I partly am joining to see my options on that I do not want to lose handling .I also plan on swapping the headlights and tail lights partly due to the fact these are taking water and a bit foggy .. Not too bad but it's annoying because the thing is spotless otherwise ..if anyone has any input or accessories etc.. For sale let me know.. I will consider lift kits .. Bumpers .. Wheels .. Mainly exteior upgrades at this point and depending on your rep will gladly send funds first .. Thanks guys
IMG_20170507_212534.jpg

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Welcome to the forum timmy, sweet looking ride. Is it 2wd or 4wd? If 4wd which option do you have? There is a ton of info on this site, just search your topics. It looks as if your xk already has a lift.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum timmy, sweet looking ride. Is it 2wd or 4wd? If 4wd which option do you have? There is a ton of info on this site, just search your topics. It looks as if your xk already has a lift.
Thanks man .. I'm very happy with .. It doesn't look lifted to me id imagine the bilstein shocks maybe are the adjustable ones or something like that.. It is 4wd with the 4lo handle so I believe it's the better of the 2 offered 4x4 systems . quad drive 2 if I'm not mistaken .. It says by the shifter I'll have to double check that on lunch .. And yes I did a lot of reading last night . deffinatley want a small lift smaller rims and a bigger tire .. And I hope to take care of this super quiet exhaust this weekend .. I'm leaning towards a magnaflow muffler and resonater delete .

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
If it says quadra Drive by the shifter you have the top of the line. You can verify this by counting the bolts in the rear diff cover, QDII has 12 bolts others have 10.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it says quadra Drive by the shifter you have the top of the line. You can verify this by counting the bolts in the rear diff cover, QDII has 12 bolts others have 10.
Yes it says Quadra drive II.. I was pretty sure it was .. Its the limted and has every option I know of besides the screen .. It has the cd changer , upgraded speakers , heated seats , leather , the Hemi:) , auto dim mirrors and auto wipers etc... The bilstein shocks on now are yellow and blue and they look spotless .. Like new .. I haven't looked them up yet , But I am thinking maybe they are set stiffer so it looks to be sitting a little higher ??
I'm going to try and sell my wheels locally soon .. I really would like a smaller wheel and more tire .. But at this moment I'm still having trouble deciding on a muffler .. I looked throughexhaust threads on here .. I watched youtube videos .. And still can't decide .. It's hard to tell how it really sounds through a video .. Id like to sound a lot meaner at start up .. And under load .. But I don't want it obnoxious to the point it sounds like ****t... The more I am reading I'm starting to lean towards a flow master 40series with a resonator delete

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
Yes it says Quadra drive II.. I was pretty sure it was .. Its the limted and has every option I know of besides the screen .. It has the cd changer , upgraded speakers , heated seats , leather , the Hemi:) , auto dim mirrors and auto wipers etc... The bilstein shocks on now are yellow and blue and they look spotless .. Like new .. I haven't looked them up yet , But I am thinking maybe they are set stiffer so it looks to be sitting a little higher ??
I'm going to try and sell my wheels locally soon .. I really would like a smaller wheel and more tire .. But at this moment I'm still having trouble deciding on a muffler .. I looked throughexhaust threads on here .. I watched youtube videos .. And still can't decide .. It's hard to tell how it really sounds through a video .. Id like to sound a lot meaner at start up .. And under load .. But I don't want it obnoxious to the point it sounds like ****t... The more I am reading I'm starting to lean towards a flow master 40series with a resonator delete
Welcome to the forum Timmy;

Nice looking XK but it sure doesn't look like a 4x4 the way she sits;

So this is what you are looking at?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum Timmy;

Nice looking XK but it sure doesn't look like a 4x4 the way she sits;

So this is what you are looking at?

Thanks man .. I have been reading a lot the last two nights .. This place is full of info .. A lot of it is a few years old .. But regardless it still has been cool ..and yes it has the exact same emblem .. Its a 2006 limited 4x4 hemi vin code to match .. So I'm 200 percent positive .. I ran the vin earlier tonight actually just to get a better idea of the options my xk was built with and actually learned a lot .. For instance I have a upgraded tow package I guess .. Didn't know there was more then one option .. And a lot of other little info .. Gotta love Google .. Now I have went through all the options jeep offered in my year and as far as I know the only thing mine wasn't equipped with us the dash screen and rear entertainment .. Enigine block heater .. And a few other things that really have 0 impact on the performance .. If you want any other pics of anything just let me know ..The wheels is what makes it look that way I'd imagine .. I really want a smaller wheel setup before winter .. It would be nice to have a meaty a/t tire .. I've been trying to set up a build plan and so far i have decided on doing exhaust first hopefully this weekend .. Throw the wheels up on Craigslist .. Shouldn't be a issue to sell a clean set of 20s by me .. So that will be next .. I'm ordering headlights and tail lights from Amazon ..I found a company from a thread on this site that hopefully I can order a front bumper from .. Wam I believe was the name .. And I'm pretty sure a 2.5 lift should be good enough still debating and reading .. So ya it'll be a little process but I should have no issue staying busy for the winter ..

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
Thanks man .. I have been reading a lot the last two nights .. This place is full of info .. A lot of it is a few years old .. But regardless it still has been cool ..and yes it has the exact same emblem .. Its a 2006 limited 4x4 hemi vin code to match .. So I'm 200 percent positive .. I ran the vin earlier tonight actually just to get a better idea of the options my xk was built with and actually learned a lot .. For instance I have a upgraded tow package I guess .. Didn't know there was more then one option .. And a lot of other little info .. Gotta love Google .. Now I have went through all the options jeep offered in my year and as far as I know the only thing mine wasn't equipped with us the dash screen and rear entertainment .. Enigine block heater .. And a few other things that really have 0 impact on the performance .. If you want any other pics of anything just let me know ..The wheels is what makes it look that way I'd imagine .. I really want a smaller wheel setup before winter .. It would be nice to have a meaty a/t tire .. I've been trying to set up a build plan and so far i have decided on doing exhaust first hopefully this weekend .. Throw the wheels up on Craigslist .. Shouldn't be a issue to sell a clean set of 20s by me .. So that will be next .. I'm ordering headlights and tail lights from Amazon ..I found a company from a thread on this site that hopefully I can order a front bumper from .. Wam I believe was the name .. And I'm pretty sure a 2.5 lift should be good enough still debating and reading .. So ya it'll be a little process but I should have no issue staying busy for the winter ..
You used to be able to get a factory build sheet from the Chrysler website - but now you have to e-mail Chrysler at the below e-mail address;

This is the e-mail response I received from Chrysler when I inquired about them taking the factory build sheet feature off of their website;

Big Blue said:
I e-mailed Chrysler today about the Factory Build Sheet problem on their website and received this response;

To: XXXXXXXXXX

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Dodge Customer Assistance Center.

I do understand your frustration of not being able to access build sheet
on website. FCA has got rid of that feature. You can email in like this
and we would be more than happy to send you a build sheet.

Can you please email me the last 8 characters of your Vehicle
Identification Number?

Thank you again for your email. Should you require additional
assistance, or have any new information to provide, please reply to this
email message or call 1-800-4A-DODGE (1-800-423-6343).

Sincerely,

Jody

Customer Service Representative
Dodge Customer Assistance Center
A lift and bigger tires would do your XK some justice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You used to be able to get a factory build sheet from the Chrysler website - but now you have to e-mail Chrysler at the below e-mail address;

This is the e-mail response I received from Chrysler when I inquired about them taking the factory build sheet feature off of their website;

A lift and bigger tires would do your XK some justice.
I found a website yesterday that basically did the same thing .. I just Google searched my vin.. There is several out there .. But thanks for the info ..

Honestly this place is No good for me ha.. I went from wanting info on exhaust to wanting to build the whole vehicle .. But thats how it goes .. I'm happy with it so far .. It does seem rather dead on this site tho .. But there is a lot of good info posted awhile ago..

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
It does seem rather dead on this site tho .. But there is a lot of good info posted awhile ago..
I have to disagree with you here, we have over 31,000 active members with new members joining every day - if you can't find the Commander information you are looking for here, you just haven't looked hard enough.

I've been here 2 years and I still haven't read and seen all the information that this forum has to offer.

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
I found a website yesterday that basically did the same thing .. I just Google searched my vin.. There is several out there .. But thanks for the info ..

Honestly this place is No good for me ha.. I went from wanting info on exhaust to wanting to build the whole vehicle .. But thats how it goes .. I'm happy with it so far
Here are some links to help you with aftermarket shopping as well shopping for replacement parts;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ukey_make=1064

Cheapest factory Parts: Find OEM BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Mopar, Nissan, Subaru & Toyota Parts & Accessories

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - http://www.justforjeeps.com/?gclid=C...9i0hoCSS7w_wcB

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - http://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

The Steel Armadillo - Jeep Commander (XK/HK) 2006-2010

Crawl Off-Road - https://crawloffroad.com/cart.php?ta...&category_id=3

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/j...catalog%2Fjeep

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have to disagree with you here, we have over 31,000 active members with new members joining every day - if you can't find the Commander information you are looking for here, you just haven't looked hard enough.

I've been here 2 years and I still haven't read and seen all the information that this forum has to offer.
I mean no offense it Just seems like there isn't many active members

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
I mean no offense it Just seems like there isn't many active members
No offense taken.

We have over 31,000 members.

Realistically, probably 1/10 of them are what I would consider active members - that's still 3,100 members, which is triple the membership of the most active Commander Facebook group you'll find.

Now granted, members here typically aren't constantly trolling the forum 24/7 and probably don't post as much as the kids on the Facebook groups do.

But then again, that's probably because Facebook is where most of the "Look at me, Look at me" attention-starved people, that want the whole world to see what they're doing, tend to hang out.

So of course, they're constantly posting all day & all night long.

I don't do Facebook for a variety of reasons - some of which are job-related, but, if you want to go to a place that's more active - one of the Commander Facebook groups might be the place for you.

That being said, I don't believe you will find 1/4 of the information there, that you'll find on this forum, if you really take the time to look around and read all of the sub-forums.

But hey, different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks .. My main issue right now is the exhaust .. I've looked all over and still can't decide .. Its so hard to make my mind up based on videos .. In my phone they all sound like garbage .. So it's hard to pull the trigger and place my order .. Part of me wants to do the orginal plan and order a flow master and delete the resonator .. Then now Im debating on removing the cats and running 3 inch back all the way to the 40 series .. I looked at the cat backs and for the prices I can order them at this point now it's not seeming worth it at all .. The cheapest One I have seen That I would consider is over 350$ and I can buy pipe and a muffler for 150 at most and do It myself.. I don't want it to sound like trash But at the same time I do not want to spend time or money and not be happy ... I loved my foxbody exhaust and I ran the same on my vic but after the third kid those cars just are not a option and that's where buying the hemi commander came into play ..so that's where I'm stuck now .. Well see how it plays out I guess

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
Thanks .. My main issue right now is the exhaust .. I've looked all over and still can't decide .. Its so hard to make my mind up based on videos .. In my phone they all sound like garbage .. So it's hard to pull the trigger and place my order .. Part of me wants to do the orginal plan and order a flow master and delete the resonator .. Then now Im debating on removing the cats and running 3 inch back all the way to the 40 series .. I looked at the cat backs and for the prices I can order them at this point now it's not seeming worth it at all .. The cheapest One I have seen That I would consider is over 350$ and I can buy pipe and a muffler for 150 at most and do It myself.. I don't want it to sound like trash But at the same time I do not want to spend time or money and not be happy ... I loved my foxbody exhaust and I ran the same on my vic but after the third kid those cars just are not a option and that's where buying the hemi commander came into play ..so that's where I'm stuck now .. Well see how it plays out I guess
I went with AFE MACH Force-Xp 3" Cat-Back Stainless Steel Exhaust System w/Polished Tip.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...artno=49-48052

Yes it's not cheap - but you get what you pay for and it totally changed the sound of my Commander - even the mechanic that installed it was surprised by the difference.

Now I have a 4.7L and I know you have a Hemi - but I'm pretty sure AFE makes something for the Hemi as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No offense taken.

We have over 31,000 members.

Realistically, probably 1/10 of them are what I would consider active members - that's still 3,100 members, which is triple the membership of the most active Commander Facebook group you'll find.

Now granted, members here aren't constantly trolling the forum 24/7 and probably don't post as much as the kids on the facebook groups do.

But then again, that's probably because that's where most of the "Look at me, Look at me" attention seekers, that want the whole world to know what there doing, tend to hang out - so of course, they are constantly posting all day & all night long.

I don't do Facebook for a variety of reasons - some of which are job-related, but, if you want to go to a place that's more active - one of the Commander Facebook groups might be the place for you.

But, I don't believe you will find 1/4 of the information there, that you'll find here.

Different strokes for different folks.
I hear ya .. Never had Facebook .. I'm used to mustang forums but with three kids and a wife the hemi commander is what I ended up with .. And to be honest I would have rather bought a srt.. Butt buying my first house this year that was not a reasonable option so after all the debating this is the best suv I could come up with .. The 09 Tahoe was slow not capable off road nothing but issues so I'm happy with my choice and hopefully it will sell soon and I can be done with headache

1 - 20 of 67 Posts