Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just lifted my commander 06 jsut a Rocky Road 2.25 inch kit and some Firestone Destination Mud Terrain 265/70/17... yes they do rub by a hair... Yes I will need some spacers.. And Yes they are somewhat to pretty damn noisy compared to the last ones.. and yes they hurt my gas mileage..:D

Here are some before and after pics... seems like a subtle lift but in all reality its a great lift size, there is alot more clearance under the vehicle if you notice now..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice look. This is what I'm looking to do with mine. Thanks for the pics.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Looks good, the spacer will help a lot. I'm going to upgrade to the AEV Pintler wheels when I have the cash.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looks great. Doesn't look like a lowrider anymore. Where are you located?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im located in Torrance, CA. Not much dirt around here however I have an 87 Wrangler that I take to azusa every once in a while. Anyone in So Cal?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any guys know the specs on the AEV Pintler Wheels?? I want to see if I could put those on. or find ones similar so yeah..

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have the AEV wheels and they are great. I almost put the same tires on my, but I went with the Revos instead. I kick myself all the time about not getting MT's. The Revos are great, but I plan on getting out more in the dirt.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the Info on the AEV.. yeah I definitely want to get the AEV wheels now. I also do want to take the commander on trails but no rock bashing like i do with the wrangler if you know what I mean.. just not alot of dirt around my area.. Plus i think the commander will be great getting me to camp or to alot of mountain bike trails that the VW guys cant get to if you know what I mean... its going to be great! I love it - this is the way the commander should of looked like from the factory... more people would of bought it..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uber! I love the way your commander looks, I have been looking at that since before I got my lift done. Your Jeep looks kinda like a land rover with your set up.. I like that look alot..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice

BIGMEL, your Commander looks very classy. I love that look. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Big Mel, the Xk looks great!

I am out here in Anaheim Hills. I have a lifted 06' as well. If I wasn't so lazy I might post pics of it some day:)

I have a 93 Yj as well

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Welcome Big Mel, Commander looks great!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just for kicks here is a pic of how bad the tire is rubbing.. It seems that only one of the alternating lugs are hitting it..

And here are other pics just cause I was bored..

OH GEEZ SORRY THE PICS ARE HUGE!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Definitely need to get some spacers if you are thinking about it. I have the 1.25 inch and they work well. No rubbing and wider stance.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hey BigMel! Looks great! I am about to put the Superlift 2.25 spacers on my '06.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Wheel spacers will definitely take care of that. Looks good!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts