Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new, i got in this site to help my brother with his 06 commander, he baught some HIDs but i told him he needs the relay, because they begin to flicker once he starts the car, any one know how to bypass or re rout with an existing wire or a HOW TO on how to resolve this problem?

thanks
gus

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can you give us a few more details? They start to flicker while he starts? Do they flicker after the start? I take it he got a kit that plugs into the stock harness. I would suggest not using them with the Auto High Beam enabled.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jake06XK said:
Can you give us a few more details? They start to flicker while he starts? Do they flicker after the start? I take it he got a kit that plugs into the stock harness. I would suggest not using them with the Auto High Beam enabled.
he got the lo beam plug in play HID kit, but he needs to turn on the lights 5min before he actually turns on the vehicle after that their fine no flickering, if he just turns on the jeep and then the lights the HIDs start to flciker i know its a relay just need to know which one and a how to on that

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does this Commander have the low beam headlights on for DRLs? What country are you in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jake06XK said:
Does this Commander have the low beam headlights on for DRLs? What country are you in?
no, i told my bro it could be because of the way one of the relays is connected to the alarm and when he presses the alarm to activate or de activate the lights turn on. i live in southern texas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HeavyRotation said:
it could be something wrong with the ballasts
no this is his second pair of HID kit the ballast are fine, i know its the relay because when arming or disarming the alarm the lo beam lights turn on, which is only the bulb with the HIDs it does the same thing too it just turns on the HIDs bulbs the ballast doesnt turn them on its the relay from the alarm, so the ballast doesnt turn on, thats why my bro has to turn the HIDs on so the ballast could heat up the bulbs and then turn on the jeep so they wont flicker

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi. I'm a member of 300Cforums.com. A member here and a friend of mine emailed me about your proble, so I'll see if I can help. I purchased a set of 8000K HID's for my Chrysler from Advance Automotive Concepts, a supporting vendor on that site. It was suppose to be a simple plug and play set up, but I ended up with the flickering problem too. With the help of forum members, and countless threads, I found one that really helped. Youwill need a wiring harness, if the hookup is similar to mine, to complete the wiring. You will also need a capacitor to stick in the relay to balance out the wattage going through the wiring which ultimatly stops the flickering. Here's the thread I uses..I hope it helps you as much as it did me: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/exterior-visual-modifications/32814-6000k-hid-pics-2.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts