Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. just picked up a base model '07. been driving grand Wagoneers,J trucks and pre-'84 Cherokees for the last 4-5 years.

question. it has no foglights. i see the kits available. some have a new stalk,some have a button for the dash. i'd think mine takes the button in the dash?

also,who makes the nicer rubber floor mats for these?

thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi and welcome. When I have been searching for which mats to purchase, people on the forum seem to like Weathertech, Husky, and Mopar. Can't help you out with the fog lights.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The actual Jeep logo Mopar rubber slush mats are the best out of all of them. You can get them in the color to best match you interior, and they are cut exactly as they should be to fit your ride. As for the fog lights... I'd just get aftermarket and mount them in the holes. At the same time, since I was doing wiring anyway, I would take the front grill off and mount a couple infront of the radiator. A few guys on the forums have done this and it looks really nice. You could install 2 dash switches at the same time...save you from doing the same wiring job twice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed the factory kit on my 08 Patriot. It was really a plug and play situation, except that I had to go to the dealership to enable the fog lights in the PCM. Your Jeep uses the Stalk http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-US/imagehandler.ashx?id=1794 (This is what Mopar has for the 07 Commander)

I have had the WeatherTec for my Patriot and really liked it. I am still wondering what to get for my Commander too.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I bought the Weather techs because of the sides that curl up and contain any spillage and dirt. They fit extremely well in the front. The middle seat required a triming in the middle. It was easy to do and also fits well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i ordered the mopar slush mats this morning. on the foglights. how difficult to put the stalk in? i'm not shy with the wrenches,but don't want to disturb the airbag system.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi there and welcome! I'm new here also.

The foglights is a mod that I want to do with my 07 also. It will have the light assemblies and the stalk in the package. As stated before, you'll need to get your dealer to tell the puter there are foglights there.

As for mats, bug deflectors, and window vents, I'm a big fan of Weathertech. I've had their products on 3 of my previous vehicles.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I have the Mopar mats in mine and they are really nice.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I have the Mopar mats in mine and they are really nice.
Forgive the off topic plz. BigPoppaJNutZ, I like your avatar. What is the story behind it? Is it your kid? Or you as a kid? Looks to be a pretty tuff kid regardless.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Forgive the off topic plz. BigPoppaJNutZ, I like your avatar. What is the story behind it? Is it your kid? Or you as a kid? Looks to be a pretty tuff kid regardless.
It's a picture from one of those motivational posters that float around the net. I loved it so much I had to hijack it for my avatar. Too cute!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
It's a picture from one of those motivational posters that float around the net. I loved it so much I had to hijack it for my avatar. Too cute!
I see. Great choice. Future XK driver, happy and proud.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here it is.

here's the '83 too.

don't seem to have any pics of the '91. just built a stroked 360 for it,using 401 crank and rods. runs decent. will be selling it now.got a beater J20 plow/woods truck too.

at risk of going off topic,here's my summer driver.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I love your '83. Always had a soft spot in my head for those, they looked like they could drive anywhere. Nice choice on the commander too. I love mine and I drive about 800 km per week, haven't found anything I don't like except for the stock tires.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Stock tires is the only downfall I can find in the XK's. It needs more cup holder too... and maybe a few more spots to stuff crap. lol j/k

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
welcome to the forum. way to post up pics already.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got the mats in. look and fit nice.

on the foglights,according to my dealer the dealer installed fogs use the dash button.the factory installed are on the stalk. they would get the dash button style for me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
When I bought my used 06 Commander I requested fog lights to be installed as part of the deal. The dealer installed the lights and they put the switch in the stalk like the factory install would have been.

John

1 - 20 of 20 Posts