Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey juts I just picked up a 07 commander the other day for my birthday and I love the truck but like most of you want to change the height and tires, so with that said there's a guy local to me with a set of wheels and tires off of a 2012 Rubicon says they have 250 miles on them and look like a set of BFG mud terrain TA. He wants 1,100 bucks for the complete set is that a good deal and will those wheels fit my jeep ? I know I will need a 2" lift kit that's coming next but I was just wondering if the rims will physically fit, and would I still need spacers

·
1,993 Posts
That seems high to me I usually see them for less the wheels aren't worth much so your judgment on the value of the tires. I do believe if memory serves you need spacers or the wheel will hit the brake caliper. Check craigs list and all the main jeep forums you would be surprised how many of these are for sale. All the guys are like us they want bigger and better so how many wranglers you thing are ditching there stock rims.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Definitely too expensive. I would offer him $100.00 per tire, whether you want four or five. I dont remember the back spacing on the wheels, but my buddy put some 2010 Rubicon wheels on his XK and put 1-1/4" spacer just in case.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The rubicon wheels require at least a 1/4 inch spacer up front.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks for the advice. He won't seperate the wheels and tires and my wheels are not the greatest, I have some corrosion and peeling on them from where the wheel weights were along with some minor curb rash so I will see what type of deal I can work. That's why I wanted to make sure they fit, I was planing on buying new wheels anyway when I got tires so maybe if he will take around 800 I'll pull the trigger, that doesn't seem too bad for a set of 5

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And just making sure I'm getting this right, with the rubicon wheels and 255/75/17 tires and a 2" lift I won't need spacers on the rear and just a 1/4 spacer on the front right ? Truck is just my daily driver only doing this for the look.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And just making sure I'm getting this right, with the rubicon wheels and 255/75/17 tires and a 2" lift I won't need spacers on the rear and just a 1/4 spacer on the front right ? Truck is just my daily driver only doing this for the look.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Correct, just the front .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts