Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish this was around during my build, I'm sure it'll be cheaper than the stock 6.1 intake. Fits 5.7's if anyone wants a modest performance boost.

·
Registered
176 Posts

When I first looked at the manifold I thought, "Hey for a hundred bucks why not try it?" Then I saw the "conversion plates" on the side and they're nearly 3 times as much. Suddenly you're $400 into it and I wonder if the performance gain would be worth it.

SH, when you say a modest performance gain what are we talking about? Slight bump in HP? Torque? Does mileage improve any? I'm always looking at mods like this but have to balance money spent with gains realized (if any.) It's an easy project though - I'm certainly tempted!

EDIT: I just re-read the description... The $100 is just the DEPOSIT - the final price hasn't been released by Edelbrock yet. Guess I'll keep going back to that page to see what the final price ends up being. The performance gain better be significant ;)

Bob

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
When I first looked at the manifold I thought, "Hey for a hundred bucks why not try it?" Then I saw the "conversion plates" on the side and they're nearly 3 times as much. Suddenly you're $400 into it and I wonder if the performance gain would be worth it.
Bob
The adapter plates are to use on a 6.1? But they do mention some adapter for early 5.7s
Yes it is very tempting at $100. Easy way to get rid of all the crap build up inside my stock one.

Just read further and the $100 is just a deposit to hold one till they are available - read under "Description" they do not have a price for it yet.
:frown2:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, no price yet, but no real description yet either. I believe i could reasonably see between 5 and 25HP gain depending on how it was engineered and built. If it has exceptional air flow the gains could be worth it for sure... depending on the price that is.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
It won't be showing up on my front porch anytime soon at almost $1K that's to expensive for my blood and its not even available yet.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
5,710 Posts
For those of you that are willing/looking to do more serious upgrades to your engine - have at it.

I have my XK for when I have time to venture off deep into the woods or up in the mountains - not for racing.

The cold air intake, cat-back exhaust & superchips flashpaq tuner are all the mods I'll ever do, as far as trying to enhance performance.

My money will be better spent in other areas.

·
Registered
71 Posts
you guys are late to the game.lol...
Edelbrock 7179: Edelbrock Victor II EFI Intake Manifold Chrysler 5.7L 6.1L 6.4L Gen III Hemi | JEGS

$800...

for anyone else looking at a 6.1 swap, or 6.1 heads. the car 5.7 "eagle" (2009+) 5.7 hemi intake manifold, is almost a carbon copy of the 6.1 intake, only its not as pretty. easily had on ebay for $300.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-Dodge-Jeep-5-7-Liter-Hemi-R-T-Charger-Intake-Manifold-EXTRAS/182906115982?epid=239335786&hash=item2a960dd78e:g:EWEAAOSwjyhaDl0L&vxp=mtr

swapping intake manifolds would do little without a cam swap also, especially on the non VVT, Pre-09 hemi's. if you're lucky like me, you have a 2010 commander, and it already has the eagle VVT hemi :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts