Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I am pumped to be a member of the Jeep Commander owners out there! I just bought a Silver 2008 Limited with chrome package and am in love. I just replaced all the low/high and fog with the Silverstar Ultras and am very pleased. What are other mods are worth the extra cash? The only off road based driving will be on the beach. Thanks~

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful Ozark mountains!

If you plan on running on the beach, I would suggest some sort of auxilary air tank or pump so you can put air back in your tires if you air down for the sand.

Another addition you must have is a good digital camera because we are photo hungry people here. :)

There are many other members here that know more about mods than I do so I will let them chime in.

Where are you that you have a beach anyway?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am over in Dennis Ma. We actually go over to Nantucket quite a bit as well. There is nothing like the drive out to the Great Point. 1/2 hour of driving to the point with nothing around you, just a wildlife preserve and water on both sides and seals everywhere. There is also an inside trail that is remarkable. I did buy an auxilery air pump the other day... I had to have it and I ALWAYS have a camera! Hahaa!

I was going to look at a few chrome accessories, maybe redo the exhaust. Not sure what mods are worth the cash though. The silverstar ultras where definately worth the $$$!:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I grew up in Stafford Springs, CT. It's good to see another New Englander here.

I still have family in CT and my father and stepmother live in Grafton, MA.

If I ever take a road trip (at least a three day drive from here) you'll have to show me the trail.

·
Registered
444 Posts
2-3" spacer lift kit, aftermarket speakers (unless you the BA factory stereo) and Iridium spark plugs. Full synthetic oil is also a good upgrade.

Need some pics and specs of the new Commander. Don't really believe you have one.:stickpoke:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Prs1Jazz welcome to the forum. I'm not far from you, a bit north of Boston in Malden.
Do you need a permit to ride on the beach? Years ago when I purchased my first 4x4 I went down to the Cape on vacation and could not get a permit because I wasn't a resident.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AHHAHA!!! I really do need to post some pics. I just got back from the Cape this weekend. You do need to be a resident of a town on the Cape for a local beach pass. Kinda a pain as well. This is our familys getaway so it took me awhile to get the first pass never mind a second.

I have the BA speakers which really are great for the value. The only speaker I would take over it would be a dynaudio package.... but that involves about 2K for 2-3 way sets.

·
Registered
176 Posts
change the interior lights to LEDs!!! it looks so amazing. check out my thread under Removing interior light under mods

1 - 9 of 9 Posts