Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my 5 spd 2003 mustang gt convertible with 22,000 miles in last week for a new '08 silver/black interior limited 5.7 liter. The mustang had to go, sick of the grrrrr iiii nnn ddd bottoming out all the time. It's like when your incredibly hot gf yells out another guys name. I don't miss getting tossed off my seat when i went over the slightest quirk in the road and the exhaust drone on the highway, and having to avoid parking lots in the city cause the curb looked like it rose up too drastically, or the 6 flat tires I got in Scranton, Pa in 1 month. What I don't miss most of all is how at every red light at every hour of the day some **** came along from a little honda civic to a dodge pick up truck wanting to race you in the 1/4 mile, and i'm hung over at 6am going to work. It's a big difference going from manual to automatic let alone a mustang, but I am thrilled. I had 3 of my buddies for 2 hours help me push the mustang down my alleyway because there was 2.5" of snow. I actually started laughing when I saw the dealer drive away in the mustang, succcker. I drove the commander home in comfort and in control in crap weather like it was a day at the beach. This thing is sick, I love the auto dimming mirrors, the memory seats, gps, and the 4 wheel drive and 100 other options, best decision i ever made. I giggle everytime I drive in the snow thinking about how i used to be literally incapactited in the mustang, or when i find myself in automaticly cringing (like a shelter dog) at the sight of an imminent pot hole only to feel nothing but secure in the jeep. I fit 4 pre-hung doors in the trunk with 200 l/f of crown molding without breaking a sweat, this thing is awesome.

the dealer already has my mustang up for sale, don't recommend you purchase:
http://www.manhattanjeepchryslerdodge.net/used-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=6e8045694046381e0141f9f6d9f9485b

this is the jeep i got:
http://www.manhattanjeepchryslerdodge.net/new-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=2e416ab34046381e00a2bd15ec643f35

1st three mods/purchases:
*** MOPAR cargo liner (retarded/doesn't even fit) ordered a weathertech
*** LOCK-PICK for the navigation, just silly that i can't change directions when i'm driving.
*** grab handles on the tailgate/i thought the jeep was going to come with those

I'd like this aev hidden winch, is that coming out?

Not impressed with the sat radio not very intuitive, 3rd row seat leg room (but that's ok cause either they'll never be used or never be used by someone i care about), i want the mirrors to go down in reverse which should be a pre-set (know that'll be a whole seinfeld episode with the dealer)

Thanks for the great site.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Aye welcome to the forums and happy mod'in

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
welcome to the forum can't wait to see pics.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Welcome, Not a Mustang... Better, and it's not made by Ford :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just so you know - the Mopar cargo liner is shorter so it can fit behind the third row when the seats are up, and also so you can turn your little tray up and not have it covered by the liner.

Also, if you really miss the highway drone you can just add an aftermarket exhaust and that little Hemi turns into a beast...

Welcome!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome, been here only a couple weeks myself.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Welcome! There is a mod (Star-Scan setting) for the mirrors to automatically tilt in reverse. Do a search on this fourm! I'm not sure if it is model year dependant though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts