Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed new steps to xk. I think they look good. Well worth the wait. maximo

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may be right, but my wife said she wanted them. And so I dont sleep with the dogs in there house. We listen to the wife. maximo

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant wait to see the rock rail on. Who will be first to post them? The race is on. maximo

·
Registered
396 Posts
I tried to get the Mopar rock rails. Paid for them, and then waited about 3-4 mos., then I gave up and got my money back.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what you mean. The tubular steps had over 600 units back ordered. So I know the rock rail are right up there. Hang in there. maximo

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think there's a place for siderails/nerf bars on the Commander. Great aid in washing the top or getting gear on/off the top rails. And if they stick out a bit, they are a great first strike place for some idiot who parks too close and then slams your side when they open their door(s). I love it when they hit my nerf bar!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Was the install pretty basic? Did you have to move any wires/hoses out of the way? You got a good price.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It took me about 45 minutes to install the tubular bars. Didn't have to move any wires or hoses. Once you get the first set of bolts own then it goes by really quick. maximo

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I dunno...they seem to make the Commander look lower or something. Maybe if they were powdercoated black or something...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hey Maximo... looking through various pic post. Noticed there seems to be a badge of some sort on the passanger side of your JC - just below the antenna (which they should have intergrated into the windshield). What is that badge? The only badge I have on my JC Limited is the "Trail Rated" on the driver side the "4X4" "Limited" and "5.7L HEMI" on the tail gate.

Just courious. ;)

Oh yes... although I ordered the chrome side steps with the JC, they were back ordered for 5 weeks. - Just part of being the first to jump on this great new machine :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good evening. I just purchased steps from my dealer and I am having problems getting the last and final bolt placed by the passenger side. There is a cover that is in the way. I have removed the tie wraps and cover, but the lines that run across prevent me from getting the bolt through. What did you do in this case? Looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had the same problem when installing the steps. So I didn't put that bolt on. It is a tight fit without that bolt. They have been on my xk for over a year and they are still snug and tight. maximo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.