Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo,

my Favorit-Car is my Jeep Commander. Here some pictures from the first test after installing the 4"Superlift.

Greetings from Germany

Thomas

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Welcome, nice looking XK, These would be good pictures for you to start your "garage" with.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Welcome and nice looking XK. What size and brand tires are you running?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tires are Cooper ATR 265/70 R17. In Germany the maximum difference between the stock and the new tyresize can be only 8%. My favorit tyre is the Cooper STT 285/70 R17.
But for these tires I need for both Axle Differentials a lower gear ratio.

That´s why only my JK got the STT tires. :mecry:

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
Guten tag, veah1122. Sie sind uns jederzeit willkommen ! That is a nice looking Commander.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
So what do you think of your Cooper ATRs? I have the same exact tires on my 4Runner and I think they're fantastic all around tires. They seem to do exceptionally well in snow, which is a big plus for me!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@all
Thanks for the friendly welcome.

@TR4Runner
I agree with you. The Cooper ATR is a fabulously allround tyre. I can drive the XK up to 110 miles per hour and the tires are very quietly and stable. A very good compromise for a Unibody-4x4 like the XK.

ATR:
Onroad: +
Offroad: (without mud) +
Snow: ? (my first season)

STT:
Onroad: o
Offroad: ++
Snow: ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome aboard. You have a very nice looking Commander. We used to run Cooper tires on our 1988 Dodge Dakota. We used it to haul wood on the property in the winter time and never had a problem getting the wood even in the deepest of snows. Will have to check Cooper tires out when we need new tires.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great looking commander. welcome.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice looking XK. I am planning of having the same lift that you have....I can't wait to have it installed, I am excited to play in the snow. Tnx for posting!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts