Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2010, Commander limited, Hemi, 4x4, 165k
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, follow the forums regularly and figured ah heck why not.Had been hunting for an XK for a while and not too long a few months ago puller the trigger on one, 2010, 5.7 L fully loaded all the bells and whistle, that I got at a steal (3rd owner, 158k miles). Always been a fan of jeeps, dad had three of them (Modded CJ that had a diesel ,a '99 Cherokee, and a 04Grand cherokee). First car I bought was an 05 Grand Cherokee Laredo, love it. Got married, had kids...needed a "third row"..got all googly eyed when I found the commander. spent hours on forums and researching and finally pulled the trigger...quarter life crisis treat / new job reward...and loving every bit of it.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,295 Posts
Hello and welcome to JeepCommander.com! To help make your forum experience as positive as possible, we would like to direct you to some important sections of the site.

You can find all of our Rules and Policies by following this link - Important New Member information, Forum requirements...

All of your notifications (including alerts for Private Messages, labeled Conversations) can be found by clicking your user image at the top right of the site. You will know when you have an alert by the red dot that appears.

If you have any questions, you can reach out to any of our staff members @rblapham , @Big Blue or @jeep5253 found here; (1) Start a Conversation | Jeep Commander Forum

Once again, welcome to the community and have a great day!

-The JeepCommander.com team

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Hi All, follow the forums regularly and figured ah heck why not.Had been hunting for an XK for a while and not too long a few months ago puller the trigger on one, 2010, 5.7 L fully loaded all the bells and whistle, that I got at a steal (3rd owner, 158k miles). Always been a fan of jeeps, dad had three of them (Modded CJ that had a diesel ,a '99 Cherokee, and a 04Grand cherokee). First car I bought was an 05 Grand Cherokee Laredo, love it. Got married, had kids...needed a "third row"..got all googly eyed when I found the commander. spent hours on forums and researching and finally pulled the trigger...quarter life crisis treat / new job reward...and loving every bit of it.
@jeepfamily93 ;

Welcome to the forum;

Please read the New Member Required Reading below & complete your user profile signature as directed;

The link below also contains loads of great information & resources for Commander owners;

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

Also, here are some links if you need to order any parts for repairs or upgrades to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

North American Parts: https://northamericanparts.rpmware.c...unt/login.aspx

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - https://www.justforjeeps.com/

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - https://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAj...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

Jeep Steel Bumpers
4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...catalog%2Fjeep

I hope you find this information useful & again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
07 Jeep Commander Overland
42 Posts
Funny story, similar situation. Needed a cleaner more dependable ride for work and love something different. 4 girls needed somewhere to sit. I’m also eyeing some small time overlanding(camping) etc...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny story, similar situation. Needed a cleaner more dependable ride for work and love something different. 4 girls needed somewhere to sit. I’m also eyeing some small time overlanding(camping) etc...
Funny enough, I'm actually considering / eyeing buying a second Commander

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’ve certainly seen some pretty good prices. As low as 3500 in the private market but not likely limited or overland editions. Mostly 2wd v6 for the low end prices. But I have seen most everything stay under 10000

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
@Bhallmaster ;

Please complete your user profile signature as directed;

Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

Your missing some information; Which 4WD system or is it 2WD? How many miles are on it, etc.

It's an Overland, so, I'm guessing you have QD-II?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would be too, if I could find one worth buying.

Pickings are pretty slim these days.

Also @jeepfamily93 ;

Please complete your user profile signature as directed;

Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

Thank you.
You're telling me on slim pickings, I'm eyeing another 2008 - 2010, trying for the Hemi, full bells and whistle, no aftermarket mods/ limited mods, decent mileage.
Have a grand cherokee with the 3.7L, and after driving the hemi i dont think i could settle

·
Registered
42 Posts
Found my overland with 135000 for 9 at a local Jeep dealer. Best case scenario. Almost drive to Tennessee the day before to pick up one but sold after 3 days in the market

·
Registered
42 Posts
May I ask why 2008-2010. My new to me 07 Overland seems to have everything I could need. Is there a discernible difference in the years with everything else with trim package being the same?

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
You're telling me on slim pickings, I'm eyeing another 2008 - 2010, trying for the Hemi, full bells and whistle, no aftermarket mods/ limited mods, decent mileage.
Have a grand cherokee with the 3.7L, and after driving the hemi i dont think i could settle
With how many miles on it & for how much?

How many previous owners did it have?

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
May I ask why 2008-2010. My new to me 07 Overland seems to have everything I could need. Is there a discernible difference in the years with everything else with trim package being the same?
I believe the 08 -10 Hemi's put out more Torque & HP.

I would assume that's why.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I believe the 08 -10 Hemi's put out more Torque & HP.

I would assume that's why.
@Bhallmaster
It's also because the 2008-2010 apparently / allegedly had corrected / fixed mainly of the flaws being found with the 2006 - 2007 Commanders, Sun roof drain, Hemi tick, and some smaller items. I also try to catch the tail end of the model years since any nuances have been fixed or found, plus their base packages begin to offer more / equal to the higher packages of the earlier models

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With how many miles on it & for how much?

How many previous owners did it have?
The one i currently have had 3 previous owners (always sold back to the original dealership so i fretted less).

Currently, looking for 2008-2010 with sub 160k for ideally < 8500...theres a few out there...just a matter of convincing the mrs...again..=D

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
@Bhallmaster
It's also because the 2008-2010 apparently / allegedly had corrected / fixed mainly of the flaws being found with the 2006 - 2007 Commanders, Sun roof drain, Hemi tick, and some smaller items. I also try to catch the tail end of the model years since any nuances have been fixed or found, plus their base packages begin to offer more / equal to the higher packages of the earlier models
Same thing with the 4.7L the 2008's & up, jumped up to 305 HP & 334 ft/lbs of Torque due to a redesigned intake, a more aggressive Cam-shaft profile & adding an extra spark plug per cylinder.

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander Base 3.7 litre V6, 4WD QT-I
15 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts