Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am new to the forums and just bought my AMAZING 06' 65th Aniversary Edition Black Commander. It has 24k miles on it and im looking forward to breaking it in.

I am however wandering alot of people said they put Grab Handles on this edition and im fairly new to the commander (Previous car was a 2003 eclipse) What would be the purpose of these grab bars?

Anywho gonna take some pics this week and post them up.

:banana_hitit:

·
2,248 Posts
They were probably referring to changing the trim on the rear exterior grab handles from black to chrome. Here is a picture:

They are good for tying your mother-in-law to the rear or training your dog to run real fast.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I got to admit I like the LOOK of the grab handles :) ...But Honsetly they will be handy when you climb up to put anything on the top rack .. the first time I got up to look on the roof of a Commander I instictivley grabbed on to the handle ... it's located perfectly

I looked at a few of them that DIDN'T have handles and if there's snow on the bumper it's a precarious balancing act ... you end up trying to sort of grab onto the side window

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh ok makes sense and thank you for answering that. Im gonna have to look into getting one, but first im gonna hit it up with a dvd/nav system in it.

Oh and yes tying the mother in law back there would be PERFECT. Good heads up!

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts
Welcome from Myrtle Beach. I would like to try to get the members from the Carolinas together for an outing of some sort in the spring or summer. Would you be interested ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts