Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Great forum!

I'm picking up a "new to me" one owner, dealer maintained 2006 Commander tomorrow with 31K miles and was hoping someone could tell me if its a sport or a limited.

I did some searches but couldn't come up with anything.

I'm guessing Limited but I'm not sure.

It has leather, 3 sunroofs, 4.7 L etc. No DVD or NAV. Can the VIN tell me anything?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome to the forum great looking commander, sorry wouldn't know if it's a limited but I'm sure the other members will give you there opinion. Question does the middle T have the quardra drive 2 logo on it if it does I'm thinking this would make it limited but don't take my word.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Since it has the black moulding on the sides instead of chrome and doesn't have chrome wheels I would say it is a sport and not a Limited. The best way to find out is to get the build sheet. The dealer should be able to get that for you, if not you can get it from Chrysler Customer Service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you definitely have a sport. the wheels you have are called the hulks and were upgraded equipment on sport models and not available on limiteds.also the black trim as was previously mentioned.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
you definitely have a sport. the wheels you have are called the hulks and were upgraded equipment on sport models and not available on limiteds.also the black trim as was previously mentioned.
But it is possible that a previous owner made changes. That is why he should get the build sheet.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Welcome, thats a great color!

Does it have the rear grab handles? If not, then it leans towards a sport model.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
The Limited had the chrome grill and was also marked Limited on the back hatch. Possible that these were changed, but looking at the overall appearance, I doubt it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the info. I picked it up this afternoon and it's now in my driveway.

I'll post some more pics when we get some decent weather up here.

:)

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Nice! The red looks great with the black trim. With those running boards, a 2" lift would look awesome as well.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
The title should tell you if it is a limited or Sport.

Your insurance agent could tell you.

If it was a limited, it would probably have a limited
badge on it.

The dealer should be able to tell you since he
maintained the vehicle.

Welcome to the fray!

BTW: If you offroad, those steps on the side will disappear..eventually.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
You have a Commander Base. There was no Sport in 06. The Sport designation was added in 07 along with the introduction of the Overland. The door handles are black and the grill is body colored. The Limited would have body colored door handles, so I doubt a previous owner would have changed this. Also, your roof rails are black, not chrome as they would be on a Limited. Is the trim on your dash engine turned metal or wood? Same with the door switch panels. Metal = Base, Wood = Limited. As mentioned above, your Hulk wheels were only available as an option on the Base, not the Limited. Also, your flares do not have the fake allen head bolts as they would on a Limited. In 06, these were standard on the Limited, and not available on the Base.
:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Yeah, what he said!

You have a Commander Base. There was no Sport in 06. The Sport designation was added in 07 along with the introduction of the Overland. The door handles are black and the grill is body colored. The Limited would have body colored door handles, so I doubt a previous owner would have changed this. Also, your roof rails are black, not chrome as they would be on a Limited. Is the trim on your dash engine turned metal or wood? Same with the door switch panels. Metal = Base, Wood = Limited. As mentioned above, your Hulk wheels were only available as an option on the Base, not the Limited. Also, your flares do not have the fake allen head bolts as they would on a Limited. In 06, these were standard on the Limited, and not available on the Base.
:eek:rangehat:

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts