Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im looking to buy a HEMI Jeep Commander. been looking for a month or so. cant seem to find one to my liking.
found this forum-joined- got infraction for not saying hi- now im saying hi
im looking to supe er up so i can blow the wheels off with and dig in the mud. suggestions or comments?
>:)

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
so im looking to buy a HEMI Jeep Commander. been looking for a month or so. cant seem to find one to my liking.
found this forum-joined- got infraction for not saying hi- now im saying hi
im looking to supe er up so i can blow the wheels off with and dig in the mud. suggestions or comments?
>:)
@James Mitchell Hampton;

Welcome to the forum Hambone;

You didn't get an infraction for not saying hi, you received an infraction because your user profile was incomplete - even after I PM'd you with the instructions on how to complete it.

Anyway, your profile looks good now, so thanks for straightening that out.

Here are a couple of good threads to start reading if you're looking to buy a Commander:

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/5-general-commander-discussion/759-considering-buying-commander-have-questions-start-here.html

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/5-general-commander-discussion/56546-looking-buy.html

As far as lifting your Commander to put bigger tires on, it would help if we knew what kind of budget you had to work with for your build, in order to give you the proper recommendations;

There are a lot of different ways you can go with a lift; Some are simple and cheap like a spacer lift - others are much more involved and expensive like the 4 inch Superlift - hence why it would help to know what kind of budget you'd be working with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh not really looking for lift...wondering what kind of performance mods to supe a hemi up. i know turbo and such wont fit in this cramped engine compartment. asside from cold air intake and new exhaust just wondering what else has been done to the hemis to make them throw ya back on the street

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
oh not really looking for lift...wondering what kind of performance mods to supe a hemi up. i know turbo and such wont fit in this cramped engine compartment. asside from cold air intake and new exhaust just wondering what else has been done to the hemis to make them throw ya back on the street
A Superchips (3874) F5 Flashpaq Tuner for starters....

https://www.amazon.com/Superchips-3874-Flashpaq-F5-Programmer/dp/B017J7SFZI/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Superchips-3874-Flashpaq-F5-Programmer&qid=1550865587&s=gateway&sr=8-1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it happened! i found a commander i liked and was the right price! dealership is doing some work on it before they deliver it later this week. when i get it i will post pictures but its a pearl white with brown and tan interior. i am in love!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
well it happened! i found a commander i liked and was the right price! dealership is doing some work on it before they deliver it later this week. when i get it i will post pictures but its a pearl white with brown and tan interior. i am in love!
That's good news.

So your profile says it's a 2008 Limited with 135,000 miles & the Hemi - is that correct?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YES SIR!! bought it from a place in NC for 8K even. there were some things wrong with it and they are fixing it before delivering to me later this week. ill post some pics once it gets home

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
YES SIR!! bought it from a place in NC for 8K even. there were some things wrong with it and they are fixing it before delivering to me later this week. ill post some pics once it gets home
Looking forward to it, congrats!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts