Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering if I can find out from the members that have the magnaflow system does it have a resonator or not?

·
Super Moderator
15,011 Posts
Im wondering if I can find out from the members that have the magnaflow system does it have a resonator or not?
@trashman84, I have the Magnaflow cat-back #16665 and it has a resonator.

·
Super Moderator
15,011 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,011 Posts
@jeep5253 that sounds exactly like what I want!! did you install it youself
Yes, with a friends help. It just bolts on. It is doable by yourself but easier if someone helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also have the same Magnaflow exhaust on my 5.7 Jeep Commander (as well as a Magnaflow exhaust on my Dodge Durango with the 4.7.). It has a resonator.

You only hear it when you put your foot into it, and then it sounds good. The quality seems very high, and bolted right in with no issues.

Installing it is the same as any cat back exhaust — working away and swearing at rusted bolts while laying on your back with stuff falling into your face. Very doable but much easier with a friend and a lift.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is it worth the extra $200 over the mbrp cat back. My muffler is shot, but hesitant to run magnaflow due to the price. I know its going to sound great either way based on reviews and you tube.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it worth the extra $200 over the mbrp cat back. My muffler is shot, but hesitant to run magnaflow due to the price. I know its going to sound great either way based on reviews and you tube.
@Stircrayzy Im actually thinking of getting the MBRP also, trying to get some options first

·
Registered
159 Posts
Im about to buy it. Morris 4x4 has the best deal i can find. $365. Looking at the pictures, it looks like it doesnt utilize the middle double hanger right in front of the axle? Just two total, wondering if the extra hanging weight flexing will start to loosen the band clamps?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just got done. 2hrs, + a trip to get more sawzall blades. I will second other opinions that it wouldve been easier to get everything lined up with another set of hands.
I went with mbrp MBRP-S5504409 I must say the sound is great, i love it, but just a bit obnoxious with my foot in the floor. I like the modular design and the clamps are effective. Could see downgrading to the next quieter muffler eventually, but for now i really like the low rpm rumble, and it might even help me save some gas trying to stay quiet? It turned my 5.7 into what sounds like a 392!
I would put up a video, but it just isnt accurate to the actual sound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts