Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am the owner of a 2007 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 and have been having issues with it recently. It won't run over 30 mph and it does have a couple of lights and I did take it to get some error codes read. They read as P0507 and P0762. I was working on it two nights ago and did find a broken hose did replace it but it still reads the same... Any and all help and advice would be greatly appreciated it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey everyone, I am the owner of a 2007 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 and have been having issues with it recently. It won't run over 30 mph and it does have a couple of lights and I did take it to get some error codes read. They read as P0507 and P0762. I was working on it two nights ago and did find a broken hose did replace it but it still reads the same... Any and all help and advice would be greatly appreciated it.
P0507 is air leaking from your system causing a high idle event. This will throw you into limp mode and not allow you to drive over 30 to prevent damage to the motor.
I would remove and replace the Throttle body (just take it off and put it back on). Sometimes it just comes loose over the years, and you can check how clean it is.
The EGR is most likely clogged and going bad, this happens and will throw a P0507 code. less than $40 at auto parts store.
Your Idle Air Controller needs to be cleaned (if you have one)

P0762 Shift Solenoid C is malfunctioning... This could be annoying.
First 'fix' is t dump and replace with good fluid, then have the code erased with a code reader. P0762 definitely dumps your computer into limp mode because it cannot shift with a bad solenoid.
If new fluid does not fix it, you need to go to a trans shop and have the solenoid replaced. This is actually not a big deal and should be under $300 with a new fluid change. Personally, I would just do this anyways. Partially through the fix, the trans shop will pull it out and inspect. At that point you will not have wasted money on fluids and they can ID any problems (if any) before spending more cash.

Ignoring P0762 will be really bad...

Dave

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
Hey guys Sorry to post on this thread new too the forum hoping I can find some help new too the jeep world but I've got an 07 commander with the 3.7l and the nag1 pain in the *** trans I just got done the other day replacing the fabled trans plug connector now I'm stuck in limp mode with 3 error codes that won't seem to go away here's the codes p0743 torque converter clutch solenoid electrical p0710 trans fluid temp sensor A circuit and p0717 turbine/ input shaft speed sensor A circuit no signal any help or advice is greatly appreciated as I can't afford to take it too the stealership
@James Hall Please create your own thread here in the New Member Section. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts