Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander Base, 4WD QTII
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Commander enthusiasts! My name is Andy, I've been in my '06 for several years now, only recently became a member, but have been gleaning this site since I parked it in the driveway. Lots of good stuff here!

Prepping for a coast to coast, a little overland, a little highway, all America!

My Commander was a fleet model, got a great deal on it, assumed it was well taken care of. I call it a base model because even after looking at the build sheet it seems to be without an official trim. It's got just about all the toys, from nav, heated leather buckets and power pedals to rear ac/heat, way more jeep than I was originally shopping for.

I truly believe that the Commander is an incredibly unique piece of Jeep lineage. Glad they're still around, and glad to see that people are still picking them up and putting them to work/play.

I'm in Jacksonville, FL, quite a few Commanders here. If you're one of those and on the site, drop me a line...

Some pictures, just got my KENDA Klevers on, long story, great tires!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
2,110 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

·
Administrator
8,400 Posts
Hello fellow Commander enthusiasts! My name is Andy, I've been in my '06 for several years now, only recently became a member, but have been gleaning this site since I parked it in the driveway. Lots of good stuff here!

Prepping for a coast to coast, a little overland, a little highway, all America!

My Commander was a fleet model, got a great deal on it, assumed it was well taken care of. I call it a base model because even after looking at the build sheet it seems to be without an official trim. It's got just about all the toys, from nav, heated leather buckets and power pedals to rear ac/heat, way more jeep than I was originally shopping for.

I truly believe that the Commander is an incredibly unique piece of Jeep lineage. Glad they're still around, and glad to see that people are still picking them up and putting them to work/play.

I'm in Jacksonville, FL, quite a few Commanders here. If you're one of those and on the site, drop me a line...

@ORBucket ;

Welcome to the forum; Nice looking rig you have there;

Please read the 1st post in the New Member Required Reading thread below; It contains loads of great information for new Commander owners;

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

Here are some links if you need to order any parts for repairs or upgrades to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

North American Parts: https://northamericanparts.rpmware.c...unt/login.aspx

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - https://www.justforjeeps.com/

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - https://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAj...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...catalog%2Fjeep

I hope you find this information useful & again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2006 Limited 5.7 QDll 146k miles
238 Posts

Hey, nice rack! :sneaky: I'm sure you get that a lot! LOL
Welcome to the "classic jeep" forum!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, nice rack! :sneaky: I'm sure you get that a lot! LOL
Welcome to the "classic jeep" forum!
Ha, funny stuff Arapahoe! Thanks everyone for the welcome! Kinda' proud of the rack to be honest, Smittybuilt Defender less 12 inches. Mounted to my rails with 3 inch Unistrut pipe hangers and some other Home Depot goodies, good fit and rock solid.

Thanks again for the welcome!

·
Registered
2006 Limited 5.7 QDll 146k miles
238 Posts
Ha, funny stuff Arapahoe! Thanks everyone for the welcome! Kinda' proud of the rack to be honest, Smittybuilt Defender less 12 inches. Mounted to my rails with 3 inch Unistrut pipe hangers and some other Home Depot goodies, good fit and rock solid.

Thanks again for the welcome!
Cool... I'm looking to get a rack sometime soon for my rig.

Reactions: ORBucket

·
Registered
2006 Commander 3.7 V6, 4WD QT-I
91 Posts
Welcome to the forum! 🏁🏁🏁

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander Sport | Silver | 230,000 miles | 3.7L V6 | 4WD QT-I
48 Posts

I like how your rear grab handles are blacked out. Were those like that when you bought it, or did you do that yourself?

·
Registered
2010, Hemi commander 4x4
5 Posts

Good looking commander sir,...love mine, great vehicle for all purposes HEMI XK.
Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Water Car

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like how your rear grab handles are blacked out. Were those like that when you bought it, or did you do that yourself?
I added the handles, painted them prior to installing. It's a lot easier to pop the chrome off when they're not on the Jeep.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2010, Hemi commander 4x4
5 Posts
Love the look Zan! "all purpose", reading my mind. Still have plans to light up my rack and add a few other things, but trying to keep it low profile. I see you're creek crossing, what's your lift?
It's just a 2 1/2 in level on 31's
Love the look Zan! "all purpose", reading my mind. Still have plans to light up my rack and add a few other things, but trying to keep it low profile. I see you're creek crossing, what's your lift?
It's just 2 1/2 inch level on 31's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts