Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
I'm introducing myself as a new member. This is my first post. My name is William, and I purchased a 2009 Commander, Overland in black. It is the 5.7 Hemi with QDII. I've put about 10,000 miles on it this past year, bringing it to 148,000 miles. High mileage vehicle but nice condition. I've read quite a few threads over the past year, and in addition to introducing myself, I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed their knowledge. It has been a useful tool as I have a learned a great deal already. In any case... nice to meet you, and I look forward to being a member. :)

P.S. I hope I updated my profile correctly with the required info per the sticky. Thanks Big Blue. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I'm introducing myself as a new member. This is my first post. My name is William, and I purchased a 2009 Commander, Overland in black. It is the 5.8 Hemi with QDII. I've put about 10,000 miles on it this past year, bringing it to 148,000 miles. High mileage vehicle but nice condition. I've read quite a few threads over the past year, and in addition to introducing myself, I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed their knowledge. It has been a useful tool as I have a learned a great deal already. In any case... nice to meet you, and I look forward to being a member. :)

P.S. I hope I updated my profile correctly with the required info per the sticky. Thanks Big Blue. ;)
@Firefight7382 ;

Welcome to the forum- your profile looks great - thank you!!

Post some pics of your Commander when you are able.

Here are some links to help you out with your aftermarket shopping if you decide to do some upgrades or repairs to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ukey_make=1064

Cheapest factory Parts: Find OEM BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Mopar, Nissan, Subaru & Toyota Parts & Accessories

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - http://www.justforjeeps.com/?gclid=C...9i0hoCSS7w_wcB

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - http://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

The Steel Armadillo - Jeep Commander (XK/HK) 2006-2010

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/j...catalog%2Fjeep

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I'm introducing myself as a new member. This is my first post. My name is William, and I purchased a 2009 Commander, Overland in black. It is the 5.8 Hemi with QDII. I've put about 10,000 miles on it this past year, bringing it to 148,000 miles. High mileage vehicle but nice condition. I've read quite a few threads over the past year, and in addition to introducing myself, I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed their knowledge. It has been a useful tool as I have a learned a great deal already. In any case... nice to meet you, and I look forward to being a member.

P.S. I hope I updated my profile correctly with the required info per the sticky. Thanks Big Blue.
Welcome buddy! Just bought one myself not long ago! Ironically also 149k miles. mine has the 5.7 however...lol I'm assuming that was a typo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the greetings, its nice to feel welcome. :)
Swanny, no... I haven't had any "major" issues as of yet. (Knock on wood). I actually purchased this vehicle from a fella who had been a member on this site though. He was a solid guy, and was upfront with me on the sale. He had had some engine work completed in the two years he owned it. I've had all the fluids changed at a dealership since I don't know the history on that, and did have to have a "valve body" replaced due to a code P0876. (I searched the code on this site to help decipher the issue.). I've enjoyed the vehicle so far. When you step on the gas, I can feel the power; it brings a grin. haha.

Thank you for the links to aftermarket sites. I have looked at a couple of those already, and will check out the rest. My jeep is stock, and I'm looking to add a body lift, as well as new wheels and tires. The Overland has 18" wheels, and I'd like to downsize to 17" wheels, upsize the stock tire size to BFG AT 265 70R 17. I'll ask for some advice for sure after I read through as many of the threads on this as I can. (Have to educate oneself before asking redundant questions here I believe.).

Finally, thank you Johnny Mac for going easy on me on the 5.8 typo. haha. Ya ever type something up... reread it... think it looks good... click send... only to instantly realize you made a mistake? haha... uh... yeah... that was me! yes... 5.7 liter. Either that, or the competitive Marine came out in me just trying to out do everyone with a .1 liter improvement over stock. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts
Finally, thank you Johnny Mac for going easy on me on the 5.8 typo. haha. Ya ever type something up... reread it... think it looks good... click send... only to instantly realize you made a mistake? haha... uh... yeah... that was me! yes... 5.7 liter. Either that, or the competitive Marine came out in me just trying to out do everyone with a .1 liter improvement over stock. ;)
I do that ALL the time.....thank God for the edit button.....LOL.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you all for the greetings, its nice to feel welcome.

Swanny, no... I haven't had any "major" issues as of yet. (Knock on wood). I actually purchased this vehicle from a fella who had been a member on this site though. He was a solid guy, and was upfront with me on the sale. He had had some engine work completed in the two years he owned it. I've had all the fluids changed at a dealership since I don't know the history on that, and did have to have a "valve body" replaced due to a code P0876. (I searched the code on this site to help decipher the issue.). I've enjoyed the vehicle so far. When you step on the gas, I can feel the power; it brings a grin. haha.

Thank you for the links to aftermarket sites. I have looked at a couple of those already, and will check out the rest. My jeep is stock, and I'm looking to add a body lift, as well as new wheels and tires. The Overland has 18" wheels, and I'd like to downsize to 17" wheels, upsize the stock tire size to BFG AT 265 70R 17. I'll ask for some advice for sure after I read through as many of the threads on this as I can. (Have to educate oneself before asking redundant questions here I believe.).

Finally, thank you Johnny Mac for going easy on me on the 5.8 typo. haha. Ya ever type something up... reread it... think it looks good... click send... only to instantly realize you made a mistake? haha... uh... yeah... that was me! yes... 5.7 liter. Either that, or the competitive Marine came out in me just trying to out do everyone with a .1 liter improvement over stock.
Hey, maybe you bored it .030 over ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts