Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing to exciting here, just some pre and post trail shots of the stock XK. Did great on the trail today, stock pizza cutters are a little to slick for the capability of the vehicle though, can't wait to get her lifted and put on some mudders. The new power of the 4.7L was great compared to my 05 GC, XK felt more responsive and plenty of umph to get through mud and up hills.
enjoy, JD

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey, what zup? Were in Jersey do you go offroading? I live in White Plains NY, and haven't been able to find a legal trail yet, there for, I haven't been able to go offroad, but I really want to, let me know...

PS wellcome to the forum!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live right outside of princeton, there is a small trail/track in a wildlife refuge nearby that supplies some quick thrills w/mud and hill climb. JEEP would probably rate at 1 or 2 on there scale, but it is free and fun. I run he beach when I fish at Island Beach State Park. My brother in law knows a guy who has a ton of acreage near great adventure and occasionally I can hook up with them, they run quads and bikes, i usually end up being the support vehicle with my truck. Always keeping an eye out though, will keep you posted.

·
Registered
564 Posts
jddirty said:
I live right outside of princeton, there is a small trail/track in a wildlife refuge nearby that supplies some quick thrills w/mud and hill climb. JEEP would probably rate at 1 or 2 on there scale, but it is free and fun. I run he beach when I fish at Island Beach State Park. My brother in law knows a guy who has a ton of acreage near great adventure and occasionally I can hook up with them, they run quads and bikes, i usually end up being the support vehicle with my truck. Always keeping an eye out though, will keep you posted.

Cool, let me know when you are going to the trails again, is there is a chance I would love to go, or at least if you can give me directions to that wildlife refuge so I can go check it out

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Always good to see a dirty Commander.:D

·
Registered
564 Posts
sciron4x4 said:
If you don't mind the drive, come on down to VA in September for our camping trip!

I'm planing on it, I just don't know for sure yet if I will be able to make it...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Romeo, another place i have been researching is Rausch creek ORV park in PA. Google will give plenty of results, Looks like they really emphasize trails by skill/vehicle, could be a fun trip, JD

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Rausch Creek is definitely closer for you guys, and it's more an organized park than just some "trails in the woods".

BUT... won't be as many Commanders there. :)

See? GWNF camping trip outweighs Rausch Creek. Hands down.

:)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Believe me, going there sounds very good, I just have to make up my mind on the 7 hours drive, (7 there, 7 back), and make sure the wife and I can get the time off, but still, I want to do something else before then.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Drysuitdiver---do you have front sensors like the back up sensors?
How do they work? They beep if you hit someone? Carry this to another thread if need be.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Man those clear turn signals look awesome. Does it park itself?:D

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I think if you hit someone, it would be a little late for a "beep."

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i bet those are for the cruise control. it will slow him down if he gets to close.

how come all the foreign markets have more crap on thier commanders then we do?

they get:

clear turn signals
diesels
rear fog lights
sensors for the cruise control

someone needs to kick the idiots at jeep in the head.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
They are just front parking sensors.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have just started looking into places here in PA. I am on the SW side of Philly. I have been here for just a few months, so I really don't know where all to head for off road fun or even some camping. Looks really promising though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts