Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Jeep Commander
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! I’m Nat, I’m from the San Diego back country. I’ve been following the forum for awhile. I purchased my Commander in November 2007 with the free lifetime warranty which I’ve made good use of. I have had Cherokee’s in the late 90’s and early 2000’s but nothing beats the commander. I desperately wanted 4wheel drive but Southern California dealerships had limited stock and wanted a ton more $. I walked out after all was said and done for $21,700 ish cash. I felt I did good considering it’s almost 14yrs and this commander has been through everything... let’s see...

Multiple fire escapes packed with kids and animals. A 18yr old son who decided to live in it for 6months and get out at 7:30am every morning so I could have my Jeep back as him and his now wife wanted to not be separated and I wouldn’t allow it in the house. 🤭 Trips packed with 7 people and roof loaded with luggage up and down the west coast. The list could go on but one thing I could count on was this Jeep.

I have had all the normal issues and complaints. I figured I would start sharing as I keep all my records and document the issues and scan the records into a folder to reference on my phone. I make sure so if anything comes up my warranty vs my wallet, I prefer the warranty. I have had some issues where I’ve printed out posts from here and taken it to dealership when trying to troubleshoot. I am here to try and give back and return the favor. In almost 14yrs (and I have a 2006 wk with same engine) 3.7 V6, I figured I might be able to help out some and get some help for anything that pops up I haven’t experienced yet.

so Anywayz. That’s my story.
My commander is named Tonka.

·
Premium Member
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
824 Posts
Welcome to the XK forum. I also have the lifetime powertrain warranty. used it one time, but it was enough to get my $1500 back. Waiting for my Hemi to drop valves!

Reactions: Stircrayzy

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
15,817 Posts
@Nomorerainbow Welcome (officially) to the forum! Thanks for the excellent introductory post!.

Reactions: Stircrayzy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts