Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all

Thanks for all the great advice I have found on here prior. Purchased a 2008 Commander(Overland edition)with about 114,000 miles and am looking to put an Old Man Emu kit on it. Been told by Jeep garage that I def need to replace font lower ball joints and front diff mount bushings.

Where should I purchase from? Rocky Road, or Quadratec? They seem a bit different in what comes in the kits. I am looking for a full kit, but not the heavy duty, just med duty, at least from what they told me at RRO.

Not looking to be doing anything extreme, but def some light to med trails.

Thanks for reading and any help you can offer.

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
Hi, all

Thanks for all the great advice I have found on here prior. Purchased a 2008 Commander(Overland edition)with about 114,000 miles and am looking to put an Old Man Emu kit on it. Been told by Jeep garage that I def need to replace font lower ball joints and front diff mount bushings.

Where should I purchase from? Rocky Road, or Quadratec? They seem a bit different in what comes in the kits. I am looking for a full kit, but not the heavy duty, just med duty, at least from what they told me at RRO.

Not looking to be doing anything extreme, but def some light to med trails.

Thanks for reading and any help you can offer.
@2k8_Overland;

Welcome to the forum. Post some pics of your Commander when you can;

Here are some links if you need to order any more parts for repairs or upgrades to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

North American Parts: https://northamericanparts.rpmware.c...unt/login.aspx

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - https://www.justforjeeps.com/

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

4 inch XK Superlift;
AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - https://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAj...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

Jeep Steel Bumpers
4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...catalog%2Fjeep

Also, please read the new member required reading below if you haven't done so already; lots of good information in here;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Thanks & again, welcome aboard.

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
Thanks @Big Blue!

Going over the "Required Reading" section now.
No problem @2k8_Overland, it sounds like you've found a real gem. Do you know how many prior owners it's had?

Have you pulled the factory build sheet for it yet? If not, you can do so here - just plug-in your VIN;

FCA RAM

I don't know too much about the Rocky Road lifts - but I do know it's a more complete kit than the Rough Country lift.

I don't know anything at all about the Quadratec lift - and I don't know of anybody on th forum that's had it installed.

Fro what you're desribing, I'd probably go with the Rocky Roads set-up if I had to pick one. Most of the guys that I've heard from that have it, seem pretty satisfied with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe I am the 3rd owner(if memory is right). This is my 2nd XK, my 2006 4.7L Anniversary edition, was lost in a flash flood.

I haven't pulled the factory build sheet, yet. But with that link, I now will.

I was leaning towards RRO from reading past posts on the forum, but with you're reco, it will be listened to.
Hopefully I'll get some pics up here soon before any work gets done. I am ordering the parts this week. Hopefully catch a July 4th sale if I am lucky.

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
I believe I am the 3rd owner(if memory is right). This is my 2nd XK, my 2006 4.7L Anniversary edition, was lost in a flash flood.

I haven't pulled the factory build sheet, yet. But with that link, I now will.

I was leaning towards RRO from reading past posts on the forum, but with you're reco, it will be listened to.
Hopefully I'll get some pics up here soon before any work gets done. I am ordering the parts this week. Hopefully catch a July 4th sale if I am lucky.
Very good; looking forward to seeing your pics.

·
Administrator
15,246 Posts
@2k8_Overland Just to let you know, Rocky Road has a less than stellar reputation concerning their shipping promptness and customer service. You may receive your merchandise with no problem or you might have to wait weeks or months. It seems to be hit or miss with them. Just thought I would give you a heads up.

Reactions: 2k8_Overland

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
@2k8_Overland Just to let you know, Rocky Road has a less than stellar reputation concerning their shipping promptness and customer service. You may receive your merchandise with no problem or you might have to wait weeks or months. It seems to be hit or miss with them. Just thought I would give you a heads up.

I haven't heard that before.

·
Administrator
15,246 Posts
I haven't heard this before.
Yep. They have a very poor reputation. I wanted to get their rock sliders but never did because of some of the stuff others went through.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks for the heads up. Literally stopped me in my tracks from ordering at this moment.
Back to the drawing board for now I guess.

Ugh!!

·
Administrator
15,246 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Literally stopped me in my tracks from ordering at this moment.
Back to the drawing board for now I guess.

Ugh!!
@2k8_Overland, well, it's up to you. You're order may ship out immediately, or it may not. It's just whether or not you are willing to wait if it doesn't. You can google their reputation and make your decision based on what you find. Good luck whatever you decide.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts