Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Jeep Commander 2007 Limited CRD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy-Up, from Sunny Yorkshire.

New to 4x4 and Jeeps, I was looking for a Land-Rover Freelander 2 (an LR2 you folks across the pond) but then I discovered the Jeep Commander and it was love at 1st sight.

Like all new relationships we have had out ups and downs, new alternator and a faulty glow plug controller but heigh-ho getting there now.

Now I'm replacing bit of panels at 111k miles he's (my year old Daughter is convinced its a he) started with swapping the 3rd row vents and the boot (tailgate) dome light but the thing I'm really struggling to find is this clover: -
Fixture Vehicle Automotive design Head restraint Car

Any help is much appreciated

Ross

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,200 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I don't recognize that part in the photo. Might be an international only, or the 07 might be different from my 06. Is it a light?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the welcome.

It looks to cover an alarm sensor. All I have is the hole and the sensor, oh and its only on the left hand side.
Button Electric blue Metal Fashion accessory Auto part

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,200 Posts
Nice close up, still haven't seen that, or a cover.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Cheers for the welcome.

It looks to cover an alarm sensor. All I have is the hole and the sensor, oh and its only on the left hand side.
View attachment 43034
That almost looks like a speaker for the On-Star system.

I have one very similar to that, on my On-Star rear view mirror.

Don't know if they have that across the pond though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That almost looks like a speaker for the On-Star system.

I have one very similar to that, on my On-Star rear view mirror.

Don't know if they have that across the pond though.
Aye we don't have On-Star over here, it's tiny about 1/4" if I had hands free I might have thought it was a Mic. my guess its part of the UK spec alarm.

I guess I'm gonna have to visit some breakers and trawl thought piles of plastic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice close up, still haven't seen that, or a cover.
Lol, doh! I was hope an extreme close up might make you think, oh darn I do have a weird plastic bulge in my roof 🤪

·
Registered
2009 Sport "mighty 3.7"
2 Posts
I don't have anything to add with regard to the missing bits, but I need to say that your Commander looks magnificent. That color with the black wheels is very very sharp.

Welcome to the forum.
DL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have anything to add with regard to the missing bits, but I need to say that your Commander looks magnificent. That color with the black wheels is very very sharp.

Welcome to the forum.
DL
Cheers Fella :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts