Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting just a new muffler. Nothing too loud but a little nasty sounding(4.7L 2007, RWD BASE). What size canister length and inlet is easiest and best for installation. I'm looking at a 40series flowmaster. This isn't going to be obnoxiously loud right?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Looking at getting just a new muffler. Nothing too loud but a little nasty sounding(4.7L 2007, RWD BASE). What size canister length and inlet is easiest and best for installation. I'm looking at a 40series flowmaster. This isn't going to be obnoxiously loud right?
The flowmaster 40 series might be a little loud. Id recommend getting the Flowmaster 50 series SUV Muffler. The one you need has an offset inlet and center outlet made for 2 1/2 inch diameter exhaust. Id also recommend getting it installed by a professional as the new muffler is about a foot or so shorter then the stock muffler so an extra piece of 2 1/2 inch pipe is needed. On my Commander they had put a slight bend in that piece of pipe for everything to line up properly. It sounds amazing and I guarantee you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I installed my Flowtech muffler in my garage. Install time was 45 minutes. For a DIY install, you would need a pipe cutter (or sawzall), 2 muffler clamps, and a 2.5 sectio of exhaust pipe that has an inlet/outlet, and have acces to a welder. If interested, I could post instructions. For the muffler, just have to use the offset inlet/center outlet 2.5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts