Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, on my 4.7 I had originally put a flowmaster 40 on. It sounded awesome until about 63 mph. Then the interior resonance was too much for the kids, and for me really. I took that off and put the stock muffler back on. Today I had a Flowmaster 50-SUV installed. WOW. Sounds great on the outside, very similar to the 40, but much quieter on the inside. You can hear the exhaust, but you hear the outside noise, not the rattling the inside of the Jeep like before. Radio played at normal levels all but eliminates the exhaust you do hear with the windows up.

Sounds great from the outside. I can HIGHLY recommend this muffler. It's a little more pricey than the 40, or the standard 50 series, but worth the money. I may have to put one on the Magnum too.

Oh, you need a muffler with 2.5" offset/center inlet/outlet if you have the 4.7.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
RedCommander said:
It sounds cool, that's why I did it.
The real reason most of us changed out our exhaust system!:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
red commander did the muffler shop have that 50-suv in stock and what was the ballpark figure on what it cost to have done

·
Registered
456 Posts
Glad to hear you like the 50 series SUV - I have looked at it for my 3.7 to partner up with the K&N CIA but am not sure if it will make a performance change (that i'm looking for). And with the 3.7 it doesnt sound as deep as a V8.. What do you think about putting that on a V6?

..When you have it long enough you should let us know if there is any performance change with the new muffler..

·
Registered
19 Posts
do u still have the resonater on the commander. Is the 50 much quieter then the 40. My commander goes in tomr to put the 50 suv but was woundering if i should get the resonater taken off to.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
In a word..... No!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Xpaywithdeath said:
Does putting exhaust on your jeep void your warranty?
Exhaust is required by the federal government.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Xpaywithdeath said:
Does putting exhaust on your jeep void your warranty?
Actually they can try. I know when I brought in my old car for a scored piston, they tried to blame the difference in backpressure for it running lean. They did the work anyway, but you never know what a dealership will throw at you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have no exhaust on my jeep right now and its loud as all hell. Im in the process of getting a new one so i took it off and my father tryed to tell me that it will void my warranty.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
So your driving your Commander right now with no exhaust. I really wouldnt reccomend that due to backpressure. That will definately void your warranty.

·
Registered
40 Posts
im putting the stock back on today. I just had it off because i was going to make a trade with someone on the board and the deal fell through. So im putting it back on. I wanted to go to a place and get a flowmaster 40 or 50 put on but i didnt know if it would ruin my warranty or not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts