Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Team Commander,

I have 59K on my Fortera's and they are done. I really liked them a lot and I travel a good bit and do surfcasting and offroad driving. Right now I am leaning towards just getting another set, but is anytthing out there better. I do like them quiet too!

Thanks,

Curley

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which one are you recommending and why?

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Forum member Rubicontrail.net, who used to be our Moderator, has the Fortera SilentArmors them and is very happy with them. The Wrangler SilentArmors seem to a pretty good tire also.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If you liked the stock Fortera's then im sure you would like the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor's. There are a lot of members on this forum that have recommended them to other members.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I assume they are good for off-road, beach, and highway?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I have Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. They are pretty quiet on the highway, and I have taken them off road. They are extremely good for winter snow and ice. I have not had them in heavy sand yet.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
So I assume they are good for off-road, beach, and highway?
I honestly think they would be a good choice for what you plan on using them for. Id recommend airing them down a little for beach driving though.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Tires are sort of a compromise. The best mud tires are not the best sand tires etc.

Mine are not as good in mud as MT tires but not bad. And when I do go off-roading in mud pits, I'm with friends that can pull me out and vice versa.

In short, I like them and think they would be good for your uses. I agree, air them down for sand and have a 12 volt air pump to air them back up afterward.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My brother had a set of the Goodyear Silent Armors on his 1/2 ton Chevy. They were pretty quiet on the interstate, did pretty decent offroad (getting back to the place we deer hunt gave them a workout every year) and he put 50K on them before they were shot. All in all they were a great tire!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts