Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

taking this opportunity to quickly intorduce myself.
Well I'm actually a German guy who just recently reallocated to Switzerland since I'm working here in a VSSM/RMO for Cadillac/Chevy Performance.
I'm a Product Engineer, that loves to go offroading and fiddle on technical solutions, design, building, modding and so on.

I already own my second XH with the 3.0 Diesel and QD2, which I exported to Switzerland while reallocating.
However driving this rig is limiting my daily mobility, since the engine is Euro4 compliant and therefore I'm "friendly invited" to stay outside of certian German city centers.
Therefore I'm driving a Cadillac as a daily now, and going forward turning the Jeep into more of an Overland Vehicle.

Since I have to do anyhow modifications to get my Jeep homologated for the Swiss market, I'm now planning on liftkit and tires, as well as skid plates, roof racks, lighting, electrics and a rooftop tent.
Maybe even Bumper modifications and other bins to throw my money in :D
Regaring the Bumper mods, I saw some of you guys build a 2" front receiver - I think I'll go the same way.
However there is still something to figure out for the rear, since the 2" receiver is no way to homologate here when having EU Specs.

So in general why I signed up here, I want to get ideas and user experience first hand and I want to share my activity and enthusiasm about the XK/XH

Looking forward to contribute to this community

-Tim

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
Hey all

taking this opportunity to quickly intorduce myself.
Well I'm actually a German guy who just recently reallocated to Switzerland since I'm working here in a VSSM/RMO for Cadillac/Chevy Performance.
I'm a Product Engineer, that loves to go offroading and fiddle on technical solutions, design, building, modding and so on.

I already own my second XH with the 3.0 Diesel and QD2, which I exported to Switzerland while reallocating.
However driving this rig is limiting my daily mobility, since the engine is Euro4 compliant and therefore I'm "friendly invited" to stay outside of certian German city centers.
Therefore I'm driving a Cadillac as a daily now, and going forward turning the Jeep into more of an Overland Vehicle.

Since I have to do anyhow modifications to get my Jeep homologated for the Swiss market, I'm now planning on liftkit and tires, as well as skid plates, roof racks, lighting, electrics and a rooftop tent.
Maybe even Bumper modifications and other bins to throw my money in :D
Regaring the Bumper mods, I saw some of you guys build a 2" front receiver - I think I'll go the same way.
However there is still something to figure out for the rear, since the 2" receiver is no way to homologate here when having EU Specs.

So in general why I signed up here, I want to get ideas and user experience first hand and I want to share my activity and enthusiasm about the XK/XH

Looking forward to contribute to this community

-Tim
@JEEPTECH;

Tim; Welcome tot the forum; That's a good looking XH you have there;

I don't know how many of these places will ship to Switzerland, but, here are some links you can look through for aftermarket mods or replacement parts;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ukey_make=1064

Cheapest factory Parts: Find OEM BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Mopar, Nissan, Subaru & Toyota Parts & Accessories

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - http://www.justforjeeps.com/?gclid=C...9i0hoCSS7w_wcB

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - http://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/j...catalog%2Fjeep

Also, please read this if you haven't done so already - lots of good information in here;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Thanks and again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for all these links and the welcoming words BigBlue - awesome XK you have by the way, really like that color and it's hard to find here.

I think most of these shops will still deliver either to Germany or Switzerland.
We're using RockAuto here as well, and it's fairly quick from others experience.

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
hey thanks for all these links and the welcoming words BigBlue - awesome XK you have by the way, really like that color and it's hard to find here.

I think most of these shops will still deliver either to Germany or Switzerland.
We're using RockAuto here as well, and it's fairly quick from others experience.
Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad to hear that at least some of these places will ship to you; That's good to know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts