Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I just found this forum, and it looks like a great site for info. I just purchased an 06' 65th anniversary edition (Black) with 13,300 miles on it. I pick it up on Friday and I look forward to participating in this forum. My other vehicle is a 2004 Grand Cherokee - can't wait until Friday. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will love your Commander and will find a lot of info in the forum. We have the black 65th edition also.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Great to see another 65th Edition. Maybe we should start our own club. There would probably be only 5 members from the forum. I bought the 65th since all of the other sport models had all plastic and I love the chrome look. I am pleased with my new grab handles that I installed. ( A pain to put in.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

Since the Jeep only had 13k miles, I could not pass it up.

I was thinking of putting the grab handles on, why was is such a pain to install..

·
Registered
707 Posts
You have to install them with the rivets that crush themselves when you tighten the two bolts for each side. The problem was sometimes that did not crush right and other times the bolt stripped.

There is one thread on here that shows you how to do it. I ordered mine from www.justforjeeps.com

However they look 100 times better.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too have a 65th edition, this is my second one. The first was a v6 and leased new in 2006 and just turned that in and bought a 2006 4.7 with 20k miles.

I also bought the handles from justforjeeps. Tearing the old panels off is easy, then I took it to the dealer and they installed the rivets (free), then the rest is easy to install. great mod.

I am looking to upgrade the speakers and add a amp and sub soon, hopefully santa brings them!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride! You're going to have fun!

I'm glad I didn't have to mess with the handles... they look so much better with the chrome handles... I opted for the HEMI Limited.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yah Hoo!!! I am now a proud owner of the 65 anniversary Jeep Commander!!! I can't wait to spiffy it up--This one was ALL my idea--husband made me trade in my Murano, and we were dealership hoppin' and saw the 2006 and knew I could easiy trade my beautiful Murano for the Commander. I don't think this is what he had in mind....lol....

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Welcome and to the best of my knowledge you are the first in Oregon to join the forum.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Gee I guess I didn't realize they have been producing the Jeep Commander for 65 years. Maybe I'll try and pick up a 1943 model.
HT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good--I ALWAYS like being first...lol--I hope to do one thing a month to my new RIG...any ideas would be great!! I like the grip handles on the back...might be the easiest place to start...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts