Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a good deal on a certified 06 HEMI 4x4 Limited loaded with every option but remote start. Had under 20k miles. I bought this over a loaded 08 new Chrysler Aspen. MSRP 45k for the Aspens and my brother just picked one up for 27K - Every option available. I went with this Commander because of it's off road capabilities, and it was a sweet deal paying under 18K and still being under manufacturers warranty. I went with a warranty upgrade to 80000 miles.

I've seen some posts about issues some have had. I've had the truck 4 days and it stalled on me on the road, but that is because I'm 6'5" and my knee bumped in to the key and turned the ignition off.

Otherwise it's in great condition, I hope it stays that way. It feels solid on the road.

Are there any major issues that the 06's have in common being the first model year? You'd think Chrysler would Q/A a fleet of commanders for a few 100,000 miles before sending it to production to try to weed out any serious problems?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
not sure of any major issues with the 06' but welcome to the commander family.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats on the new limited. I have an 06 Limited as well. I have not had any issues to date. I can tell you if you have the stock forteras they will not last long. I am at 39k and I am replacing them already. This forum is full of knowledgeable owners and plenty of real-world experience.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I too have an 2006 Limited with the Hemi and have had no issues with it. Mine has a born on date of 06/06, some with an earlier date have had issues but most were resolved by the 06/06 and later production runs.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I too have an 2006 Limited with the Hemi and have had no issues with it. Mine has a born on date of 06/06, some with an earlier date have had issues but most were resolved by the 06/06 and later production runs.

"I too have a 2006 Limited (production run) ... born 06/06 ... " .
I'm assuming your mean June/2005? ... the factory should have been well into the 2007 model year by June/06

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I'm assuming your mean June/2005? ... the factory should have been well into the 2007 model year by June/06
Nope, mine is a 2006 made during June 2006.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine went on the road 11/06. How can I find out when it came off the assembly line? Yeah my tires look about half worn, which I guess is a decent sign since it's on original tires. Skid plates are in pretty good shape, as are the brakes. I like the fact that a complete set of front rotors and discs is only 150 bucks from the mopar site so I can probably get it cheaper elsewhere and do the work myself.

My wife and I love the truck, she'll be driving it. My 2 1/2 year old likes the dvd a lot as well. I half to pay the 200 for a new nav disc though :|

·
Administrator
15,209 Posts
mine went on the road 11/06. How can I find out when it came off the assembly line?
The date is on the sticker on the side of the driver's door.

·
Administrator
15,209 Posts
I half to pay the 200 for a new nav disc though :|
No you don't. Check out seller
ofrb1 on ebay. I just ordered (literally) one of his disks--the latest AG version which was just released. Only $15 plus $6 shipping.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Nope, mine is a 2006 made during June 2006.

Intersting! ... Does anyone have a list of Commander build dates ... like with cutoffs for ech modle year?

·
Administrator
15,209 Posts
Intersting! ... Does anyone have a list of Commander build dates ... like with cutoffs for ech modle year?
2007's began in July 2006. IIRC 2008's began in August 2007. And the 2009's began in August 2008.

·
Administrator
15,209 Posts

·
Administrator
15,209 Posts
when in 05 did the 06's start getting built?
2006 was the first model year for the Commander. I'm guessing they started in July or August of 2005.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No you don't. Check out seller
ofrb1 on ebay. I just ordered (literally) one of his disks--the latest AG version which was just released. Only $15 plus $6 shipping. And this disk has been hacked to allow input while in motion !
I just bought one of these disks from the same seller and it was $30 but shipping was included. Thanks for the link. I hope the disc works.

·
Administrator
15,209 Posts
I just followed that link too... and $30 plus free shipping... looks like you got a good deal Jeep5253!

Let me know how it works out... I could need an updated nav disc!
Yep, it looks like the price went up. But still $30, which includes shipping, is a very good deal. Note that these disks are for the REC NAV unit. He also has disks for the RB1 NAV unit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you can't do damage to your system running a non factory disc or can it void your warranty? What if it's glitchy, is there a way to reflash the unit back to the previous version?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts