Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Rocky Road lift and BFG Km's last weekend and made the box but I need to repaint the box alittle darker gray

·
Registered
209 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
I like the look of the wheels (and I am typically not a fan of black rims on the Commander) and lift.
I agree with Rubi. Very nice setup!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like it - think it looks great! What rims are they and what size tires are you running?

The box is a great idea if you never use that rear seat - I can think of a million uses for having that back there!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That looks real good. I thought that they were different rims. Did you have the lift installed or did you do it yourself?

I thought that I would be the only lifted XK in this area, but I guess that has just changed. Looking forward to seeing you on the road.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am not much of a fan of the black on black look either but I have to say that looks bad a$$. Very Nice!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Looks great, How is the highway noise on those tires.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
datwistedscorpio said:
I liked your box. it organizes many things, well done. but have you removed the 3rd row seats? it seems there is still good hight above the box !

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Awh man, someone beat me to it!! Ha. Even before I got my Commander, I have been considering doing the "murdered out" look. That looks great, man.

Check out the post about the September camping trip. Would be nice to see ya out there! (And CrzCajun and I are going to be doing a "test run" on April 5th if you'd like to come along to that, since he's kinda in your area).

Good looking ride!

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
I really like the look. thats the same lift and tires i'm planning on using.

i already have the tires. just waiting to get the lift and spacers with the tax return money.

that drawer is pretty cool. i was considering doing something similar with metal. i don't have the rear seats in my commander, but they may be used at some point.

did you use the shocks that came with the RR lift?

i can't decide if i want to use those or get something else.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Looks great with the black wheels, and like others, I'm not normally a fan of black wheels. But for some reason, it just seems to work on your particular Commander.

You've definitely got the nicest black Commander on the forum!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CrzCajun said:
That looks real good. I thought that they were different rims. Did you have the lift installed or did you do it yourself?

I thought that I would be the only lifted XK in this area, but I guess that has just changed. Looking forward to seeing you on the road.
I I did the install myself and I got to tell you, you have to really jack the hell out of the opposite side you are working on in order to fit the spacer and compressed spring back in there
cico7 said:
I like it! What did you use to paint the wheels?..... what kind of paint did you use. .....
it was a semi gloss black but I'm not sure what brand but I'll get back to you on that
a49erFootballFan said:
Looks great, How is the highway noise on those tires.
they don't make that much noise you have to remember jeep puts the same tire and size on there Rubicon. Plus I got a hell of a deal off ebay $490.00 shipped for 4 brand new ones
ahmed255 said:
I liked your box. it organizes many things, well done. but have you removed the 3rd row seats? it seems there is still good hight above the box !
Due to the rear vent and other not square shape of the back area I had to use 2x4's to build a frame for the box to sit on. I also drilled a 3/4" hole thru the whole box so I can put the jack tool thru so I can crank the spare tire down.
4.7commander said:
I really like the look. thats the same lift and tires i'm planning on using.

i already have the tires. just waiting to get the lift and spacers with the tax return money.

that drawer is pretty cool. i was considering doing something similar with metal. i don't have the rear seats in my commander, but they may be used at some point.

did you use the shocks that came with the RR lift?

i can't decide if i want to use those or get something else.
I did not use the shocks that were supose to come with the RR kit because they were out of them at the time and I'm sort of pissed at Rocky Road right now but thats a whole other thread lol.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thats great looking, love the black commander & rims

·
Registered
120 Posts
datwistedscorpio said:
Yes and Yes I'm running 1.25" spacers and I'm gonna cut the wheel well and hammer down the pinch weld today
can you post pics of that when you are done? i am thinking of running the same set up. let us know how it goes.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts