Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Stranger...

Well yes it has been a while since I posted in here. I check in and read post when I get a chance but nothing like the good old days.

Noticed I don't have a supporting vendor page anymore but wanted to share a few new products coming to market for those who might be interested.

In about a week we will have light bar brackets for both straight and curved light bars as well as pod light mounts that attach to your hood hinges and place a small pod light right in front of your windshield.

I don't have photos yet but keep an eye out and I will add some when they arrive.

I continue to make new products for the Jeep Commander and plan several more for 2016 including the front and rear bumpers again.

·
Administrator
6,218 Posts
Hello Stranger...

Well yes it has been a while since I posted in here. I check in and read post when I get a chance but nothing like the good old days.

Noticed I don't have a supporting vendor page anymore but wanted to share a few new products coming to market for those who might be interested.

In about a week we will have light bar brackets for both straight and curved light bars as well as pod light mounts that attach to your hood hinges and place a small pod light right in front of your windshield.

I don't have photos yet but keep an eye out and I will add some when they arrive.

I continue to make new products for the Jeep Commander and plan several more for 2016 including the front and rear bumpers again.
Are you manufacturing these products yourself - or are you a company rep for somebody?

I remember you talking about Steel Armadillo quite a bit a while back - are you affiliated with them?

Looking forward to seeing the new products.

·
Administrator
15,206 Posts
Hello Stranger...

It's a new year, 49er!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you manufacturing these products yourself - or are you a company rep for somebody?

I remember you talking about Steel Armadillo quite a bit a while back - are you affiliated with them?

Looking forward to seeing the new products.
I own The Steel Armadillo and Crawl Off-Road!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Hey Big Blue, here's your chance to tell them "They make very little now in the way of Commander parts". <smirk>
Those of us who've been around a while understand why "Steel Armadillo's name gets thrown around a lot on this forum".
@a49erFan- Glad to see you back, looking forward to seeing the new light mounts! I've been looking for a good solution for lighting on the current build up. Oh, and that order that came in from Richmond last night...can't wait to get it. =)

Reactions: jeep5253

·
Administrator
6,218 Posts
I own The Steel Armadillo and Crawl Off-Road!
Now it all makes sense.

Last time I talked to you (Oct 13th 2015) - I asked you about a bumper that you said never went into production.

Big Blue said:
That front bumper looks good.

What company did you order that from?

LOL, I see all the Steel Armadillo stickers now...mind if I ask what you paid for it?
a49erFan said:
That was a Steel Armadillo Proto-type that never went into production. We will be building a different one in the next few months.
It's certainly been a long few months, I can't wait to finally see the new Steel Armadillo custom bumpers.

·
Administrator
6,218 Posts
Hey Big Blue, here's your chance to tell them "They make very little now in the way of Commander parts". <smirk>
Those of us who've been around a while understand why "Steel Armadillo's name gets thrown around a lot on this forum".
Yep, it makes a lot more sense now - but it doesn't change my opinion, I stand by what I said.

The products I've seen by SA I like, but I wish they had a broader selection.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new products, it's been a long time coming.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Yep, it makes a lot more sense now - but it doesn't change my opinion, I stand by what I said.

SA does not offer a lot for Commanders.

The products I've seen by SA I like, but I wish they had a broader selection.

I understand what you're saying, and I too wish there was a lot more parts for the Commander by EVERYONE, but we have to support those that already DO have parts. If we shun the suppliers we HAVE, we'll never convince others to start producing parts. I'd absolutely love to get some stuff from Poison Spyder and Metalcloak but....

Reactions: Big Blue

·
Administrator
6,218 Posts
I understand what you're saying, and I too wish there was a lot more parts for the Commander by EVERYONE, but we have to support those that already DO have parts. If we shun the suppliers we HAVE, we'll never convince others to start producing parts. I'd absolutely love to get some stuff from Poison Spyder and Metalcloak but....
Well you have a valid point Rick and I agree with you.

I could see how you thought I was shunning SA, but that really was not my intention.

I'm glad to see that they have new stuff coming out and I have every intention of supporting Steel Armadillo and as I said in another post;

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/5-general-commander-discussion/56722-upcoming-upgrade-do-list-7.html

I already had their super rock-sliders on my to-do list.

·
Registered
309 Posts
This is the bumper I dream of.... This thing is clean.

Dave

Attachments

Reactions: luckyse7ens

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
309 Posts
Then you have my money!

I love the detail where the fender flare meets the bumper, that makes the design special and integrated!

Either way, I really think this is how the Commander bumpers should be

clean!

Dave

Reactions: jeep5253

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
If you make it like that, I'll buy one.

Reactions: Mk153smaw
1 - 13 of 13 Posts