Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of Rev Wheels #822 -17X9- for $375.00+ $99.00 shipping.

http://www.rev-wheel.com/

Check out the link, call them up and ask for Landon and say you saw the wheels on my Commander and he will give the 375+99 price or a deal on their other wheels. They have a bunch with 6.0" B.S. (Stock) or 4.53" B.S.(lifted).

They have 4.53" of backspacing so I could get rid of the spacers. I kept the same tires, Nitto Terra Grappler 265/70/17, and the seem to fit the wider rim but I am not used to their appearance.

Yes I am selling my old wheels and spacers- look in the for sale forum.

Das Wheel-
[/IMG]

Before-
[/IMG]

After-

Now I just have to install the cross drilled DBA rotors when I get the hawk pads I ordered, paint the calipers and I will be done with wheels.

·
Registered
230 Posts
They look sweet, and you just can't go wrong for that price!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Nice rims and great price. That is real cheap for all four. Looks good....

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
That looks great! By themselves I thought they might be a little bling, but now you've got me considering those when we lift my wife's XK! Hers is black also and the wheels set off from the black beautifully. Nice mod!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nice wheels! They really fit your truck nicely.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Those look great on your Commander.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments guys. The wider wheels are causing some rubbing issues that I have to fix. The front wheels are the only ones that rub when the steeringwheel is close to full turn. A small spot in the front and a serious bind in the rear of the front tires where it hits the wheel well. The tires are the same ones I was running, I guess the wider rim really has an effect on clearance. The pinch weld area is the trouble spot. I never had to hammer it back from the initial lift. I think I will just cut the plastic area out, pick up some thin sheet metal, form it and poprivet it into place. Does anyone know what the lines are by the pinch weld on the passenger side? I know they get pretty hot.

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does anyone know what the lines are by the pinch weld on the passenger side? I know they get pretty hot.

Thanks
They are the coolant and AC lines for the rear HVAC system.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to know, thanks black on black.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Great looking truck!

If you cut away the liner and need to protect the coolant lines, there are few options - you can move them, which some have done by removing the bottom tray and using zip ties, or make a cover (see link below). Either way, it's a bad spot for those lines to be in the well!

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7653

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haags- exactly what I had in mind, thanks for the link and the pics and post will defiantly be helpful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts