127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No more 2wd look.
Installed new lift with some 20" wheels and 275/55-20 Michelin tires:

No more running boards:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Looks nice! Those are almost the same dimensions I am thinking about getting- what offset/spacers/issues with contact did you have?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks!
Wheels are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset no spacers. I did have to trim the "bolt". I do have some light rubbing on the plastic which I did not have on my WK(same set up). I have a heat gun at work and will see if I can put that to good use. I could have gone with 18mm offset, but think that would have made the rubbing worse. So far, I'm happy with the outcome. The size of my current tires is a bigger than a 265/70-17, and that is why I believe there is some rubbing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
can you post a picture taken from directly behind the vehicle? Can you also post a pic of how far the wheels stick out (in relation to the fender)?

Looking nice. I'm debating on buying 20 x 8.5 KMC Rockstars with the same tire size you listed.

·
Registered
809 Posts
That bolt had been oppressing every wheel concept I could dream up, so it's nice to see someone with similar specs make it work. I too would enjoy seeing some pics from inside the wheel well, especially that trimmed bolt.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
You make me want to remove my running boards. I have them to keep rocks of the side living on a dirt road but it sure makes it look taller without them.

·
Registered
809 Posts
You make me want to remove my running boards. I have them to keep rocks of the side living on a dirt road but it sure makes it look taller without them.
I'm in the market for running boards, as it were. You decide to get a little dust on your Jeep, let me know and I'll take those height-robbing steps off your hands.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looking good!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts