Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I think I'm finally pulling the trigger on an RC 2" lift soon and by then I will have roughly around 40,000 miles on my XK. My question is- would you guys recommend replacing the shocks and struts at the same time I install the lift or should I wait until I actually need new ones?

My shocks still seem pretty solid but it is suggested they be replaced at around 50k miles. If I add my lift kit now, and considering I commute about 900 miles a week, I feel like 50k miles will come really soon after installing the lift and would hate to do the work all over again of removing the shocks and struts.

What would you suggest? How many miles do you have on your shocks and struts? Should I install lift now and worry about the shocks later once they "feel" like they need to be replaced?

Thanks for any advise.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
As long as they are quiet and not leaking you can leave the struts alone unless you wish to spend money.
Generally, struts can go well beyond 100k.

Shocks are a different story and that 50k marker is a fairly good rule of thumb.
EZ to change either during the lift install or later.....just 2 bolts, each shock.

Rob

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like I'm safe with doing the lift install now and worry about the shocks later. Thanks Rob!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts